As a Sr Software Engineer your responsibilities will include owning the development and improvement of tools that will streamline business operations within our payments domain. You will work closely with business operations and product management teams to groom requirements, and develop them into capabilities that will address gaps in our business processes. You will help contribute to the ongoing improvements of our payment tools and processes. You will also actively drive sound technical decisions that lead our software to operate with high quality, at large scale with a high level of availability. You will play a meaningful role in driving the continuous, end-to-end delivery of our software from inception, to development, all the way through to production.
- BS or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical degree
- 5+ years of experience developing enterprise grade tools and automation software using Java, Web Services, REST, JSON/XML, expert level of object oriented programming analysis and design
- 2+ years of experience developing and/or integrating with AWS native services such as EC2, EKS, Lambda, DynamoDB, etc.
- Proficient in the software developing life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations
- Possess deep knowledge of computer science fundamentals such as object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving and complexity analysis
- Comfortable developing applications on Unix/Linux platforms
- Knowledge and experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery best practices and technologies (CI/CD)
- Experience in quality assurance and validating services in both non-production and production environments
- Must possess outstanding verbal and written communication skills, and be able to work with others at all levels
- Previous experience with an e-commerce company or payments software
- Experience working on agile scrum teams (common artifacts, ceremonies, etc.)
- Experience with monitoring and log management tools (ie: DataDog, CloudWatch, Splunk)
- Solid understanding of networking systems and protocols