June 16, 2021
Senior Software Engineer
Job Description Job Title:
Senior Software Engineer Location
: Portland, ORAbout this Role:
Comscore is a data company. We collect and process trillions of data events each day, have 10s of petabytes of data online and each month our systems read and process nearly an exabyte. We analyze the media consumption behaviors of millions of consumers across the world, including online activity, television viewership, product purchases, and demographics all with an eye towards consumer privacy and data governance. Our clients include major internet companies, movie studios, television networks, manufacturers, advertising agencies, and anyone who wants to use our data and expertise to increase their marketing efficiency.
The Senior Software Engineer is a member of the Linear Foundation team and delivers solutions to internal and external customers. This includes the design, modification, development, and implementation of software programming applications. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected, as well as an understanding of business needs and requirements. Our clients include movie studios, television networks, manufacturers, advertising agencies, and anyone who wants to use our data and technical expertise to help derive new insights into their industry and gain a competitive advantage.What You'll Do:
What You'll Need:
- Modify, write, and document software programming applications
- Consult with clients to gather information about program needs, objectives, functions, features, and input/output requirements
- Work with stakeholders to understand problem statements and suggest possible implementations
- Demonstrate personal ownership and take accountability for larger assigned tasks
- Design and code screen layouts, graphical user interfaces, printed outputs and interfaces with other systems
- Convert designs and specifications into computer code
- Compile code into programs and correct errors detected in compile process
- Analyze code to find causes of errors and revise programs accordingly
- Provide technical assistance by responding to inquiries from others regarding errors, problems, or questions about programs
- May train end users or technical support staff to use programs
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related area preferred, as well as 4+ years of experience in software engineering or an equivalent combination
- Knowledge of commonly used software development concepts, practices, and procedures
- Experience with large scale distributed systems is highly desired
- Experience with Java and/or Python, AWS, Airflow; Spark experience highly desired
- Solid understanding and working knowledge of Unix operating systems, networking, and scaling techniques
- Experience with Jenkins and working in CI/CD environments a plus
- Experience with ClickHouse for dynamic database integrations a plus
- Experience with working PostgreSQL, columnar data formats such as Parquet, and large data sets is highly desired
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) along with a track record of success completing often ambiguous projects
At Comscore, we're pioneering the future of cross-platform media measurement, arming organizations with the insights they need to make decisions with confidence. Central to this aim are our people who work together to simplify the complex on behalf of our clients & partners. Though our roles and skills are varied, we're united by our commitment to five underlying values: Integrity, Velocity, Accountability, Teamwork, and Servant Leadership. If you're motivated by big challenges and interested in helping some of the largest and most important media properties and brands navigate the future of media, we'd love to hear from you.
Comscore (NASDAQ: SCOR) is a trusted partner for planning, transacting and evaluating media across platforms. With a data footprint that combines digital, linear TV, over-the-top and theatrical viewership intelligence with advanced audience insights, Comscore allows media buyers and sellers to quantify their multiscreen behavior and make business decisions with confidence. A proven leader in measuring digital and set-top box audiences and advertising at scale, Comscore is the industry's emerging, third-party source for reliable and comprehensive cross-platform measurement. To learn more about Comscore, please visit Comscore.com. EEO Statement:
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To comply with federal law, Comscore participates in E-Verify. Successful candidates must pass the E-Verify process after hire.