As a Senior Software Engineer you will be working on comScore's critical applications and APIs. Your mission will be to create and maintain applications that are efficient, scalable and always available. You will have access to latest tools and hardware, and a culture of entrepreneurial spirits to help you in pursuit of greatness and success.
Are you looking for a role with high visibility? Do you enjoy technology, are you an engineer at heart and enjoy mentoring junior and senior engineers? Then this might be the next exciting challenge for you!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Participate in the Agile process, working with product owners, UX team and the development teams to gather requirements, design and development new systems, and improve existing ones.
* Mentoring of Junior resources on the team.Use your expertise to take on and solve complex technical problems during the development lifecycle.
* Implement performance initiatives that positively impact user experiences.
* Implement automation initiatives that reduce time spent on development and QA processes.
* Participate in ongoing research and evaluation of new related technologies.
* 5+ years of hands-on experience in developing and supporting large web applications.
* Familiarity with agile methodology; ability to estimate scope, break up problems into deliverable chunks, and pivot when requirements change.
* Experience designing and developing REST APIs, ASP.NET Web Applications, Client and Server-Side MVC , MVVM, AJAX, jQuery, Angular JS/ ReactJS or similar front-end technologies/patterns preferred.
* Minimum of Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems or other technical discipline required.
comScore, Inc. (OTC: SCOR) is the cross-platform measurement company that precisely measures audiences, brands and consumer behavior everywhere.
comScore completed its merger with Rentrak Corporation in January 2016, to create the new model for a dynamic, cross-platform world. Built on precision and innovation, our unmatched data footprint combines proprietary digital, TV and movie intelligence with vast demographic details to quantify consumers' multiscreen behavior at massive scale. This approach helps media companies monetize their complete audiences and allows marketers to reach these audiences more effectively. With more than 3,200 clients and global footprint in more than 75 countries, comScore is delivering the future of measurement. For more information on comScore, please visit www.comScore.com
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Department: Software Engineering & Technology