We are looking for an engineer with solid technical skills to work with our team of smart, creative, and dedicated colleagues. We value creative problem solving, logical thinking, enthusiasm, and the ability to learn quickly. The ideal candidate will have a background in C/C++ and an understanding of multi-threaded software development in a client/server Linux environment.
iDirect Government is a leading ground systems provider to the military satellite industry. We offer platforms connecting a variety of satellite constellations with an array of remote terminals. Terminals are installed on aircraft, maritime vessels, and other ground-based military and government assets. These terminals provide internet and voice capabilities to remote and austere locations.
- Design, develop, test and integrate software written in C++
- Participate in an Agile scrum team
- Participate in code reviews and improve software quality
- 10+ years of experience in software development
- Experience with C++ and object oriented design
- Experience developing and debugging software in a Linux environment
Additional experience in the following areas is a plus
- Familiarity with developing multi-threaded software application
- Knowledge of communications and networking protocols
- Database design or implementation
- Experience with shell scripting and Python
- Bachelor?s Degree in Computer Science, Software, Systems, Mathematics, or other technical field.
- Active DoD Clearance preferred, or ability to obtain
iDirect Government is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or protected veteran status.