Carbon Black is leveraging the power of big data analytics to provide our customers with the tools and visibility to stop attacks before they start. Our Predictive Security Cloud (PSC) platform is transforming cybersecurity by delivering a new generation of cloud-enabled security solutions to protect against the most advanced threats.
To deliver on this mission we are looking for a Senior Software Engineer in Test to help enhance the test coverage and integrate our automation with microservice CI/CD pipelines for faster and more programmatic deploys to production. A core component to our success is the confidence that our automation is comprehensive and validating all aspects of the customer experience.
As a Senior Software Engineer in Test you'll experience owning, leading, and guiding an engineering effort to support this mission and benefit from a highly supportive, cooperative team using the latest in cloud and security technology.
What You'll Do
What You'll Bring
- Work on an Agile team to develop, test and deploy microservices onto the PSC platform
- Use Python and pytest to develop automated tests to increase test coverage
- Investigate automation failures and collaborate with engineers on best path forward
- Participate in root-cause analysis of customer issues to feed back into the test cycle
- Identify and remediate gaps in current automated tests, reducing technical debt
- Work across delivery teams to improve quality and visibility into shared projects
- Participate in Engineering-wide planning to reduce cross-team dependencies and get visibility into why features are being developed
What We Use
- 5+ years experience with object-oriented Python programming
- Experience developing automated test suites for execution within CI/CD pipelines
- Curiosity to discover and translate high-value workflows into automated tests
- History of successful implementation automation and testing practice improvements
- Growth mindset and willingness to mentor junior engineers
- Skills in Python, pytest, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, cloud monitoring tools, Java, Git, Gitlab/GitHub, CI/CD practices
- JIRA, Confluence, Slack, Google Suite, Outlook
- AWS, TerraForm, Spinnaker, Kubernetes, ElasticSearch, SignalFX, Splunk, Kibana, PagerDuty
We are looking for talented quality-focused engineers to help execute Carbon Black's vision of keeping the world safe from cyber attacks.Why you should join us
Carbon Black is a leader in endpoint security dedicated to keeping the world safe from cyberattacks. With more than 5,000 customers-including 34 of the Fortune 100-the opportunities here are massive and exciting.
With 1,200+ employees, offices across the world, and the best-of-the-best tools for collaboration from anywhere, now is an ideal time to become part of the CB Team. See where you fit best at Lifeatcb.carbonblack.com.Carbon Black, Inc. is an EEO/AA employer. Carbon Black is an inclusive employer that believes in workplace equality, supports diversity, creates a welcoming environment, and respects the unique qualities each individual brings to the company.