Senior Software Engineer in Test
Duties and Responsibilities:
* The successful candidate will have significant automation test experience in large-scale distributed systems, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills required to partner with product development teams, system architects, and stakeholders across the business
* Ensures that products conform to business requirements/company policies, software quality standards, and established procedures
* Confirms that testable systems are specified, designed and implemented
* Designs, documents and implements procedures and techniques that are consistent with departmental SQA Methodology for analyzing, testing, and evaluating the risk (software & business), accuracy, completeness, internal integrity/consistency, testability and overall quality of business systems and SDLC processes
* Creates and maintains SQA deliverables including test plans, test cases, test data, project test progress and release reports, application turnover documents and test schedules
* Recommends and assists in corrective actions taken at all stages of product life
* Submits and tracks production (maintenance) and release issues in their respective systems
* BS degree in information systems, computer science, or related field.
* 5+ years industry experience as a software quality assurance test engineer
* 3+ years of experience designing, implementing, and executing automated tests
* Experienced in Test Automation tools such as HP UFT, Selenium, Coded UI test, or similar
* Experience building integration tests using tools like MSTest, NUnit, SpecFlow, Mocha, or similar
* Demonstrated experience in test framework design, development and implementation.
* Strong object-oriented design and coding skills (preferably C#)
* Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
* Familiarity with version control, bug tracking, and CI / CD/CT configurations and procedures a huge plus
* Experience with relational databases and extensive experience in writing complex SQL queries (administration and T-SQL)
* An understanding of quality assurance test methodologies in Agile environment, deliverables, processes, strategies, techniques and the software development life cycle (SDLC) is critical.
* Experience reporting, regressing and reproducing software problems
* Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills
* Ability to prioritize and multi-task
One or more of the following are highly desirable:
* Knowledge of coding environments such as NodeJS a plus
* Understanding and use of APIs in large-scale distributed systems a plus
* Experience with RESTful web services and the JSON data format a plus
* Experience with network protocols preferred
* Familiarity with and mobile applications (iOS and Android) preferred.
* Understanding and experience with Nonfunctional testing and tools (performance testing) is a plus
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing