About the role:
You will be a senior member of the Quality Engineering organization, embedded in our Laboratory Information Management System team.
We are looking for this role to work closely with other software engineers to build automation frameworks and infrastructure to ensure that our products are of high quality, performance and salable, and helping to establish our Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) pipeline. You will also work with the team to build quality throughout the SDLC - participating in code reviews, reviewing tests (type, design, readability, etc.), and determining the best strategy to automate at all levels of the architecture (end-to-end, integration, API / service-contract, unit tests). What-s in it for you?
This role is a great opportunity for you to join a company named #31 to Forbes 2017 'Most Innovative Companies' list. You will have exposure to latest/cutting edge technologies such as Github, Heroku, Docker, Postman, ReadyAPI and will help define ways of working and best practices for the newly formed team. If you-re looking to use your software test engineering abilities and development skills to solve challenging problems, this is the perfect opening for you. What can you expect?
A day in the life of a Senior Software Engineer in Test:
- Opportunity to grow your career and learn new technologies
- A highly collaborative environment where everyone has a sense of ownership for quality
- The feel of a startup, where innovation and fail fast/learn from experiments are part of the culture
- Develop both application and test framework code within a Scrum framework
- Work alongside other developers to assure application code is testable, robust, and performant
- Implement/champion tools in the SDLC and suggest process improvements with a focus on delivering higher quality software
- Develop tools that automate redundant, time-consuming, manual processes within the test, build, and deploy of software
5+ years in a Software Engineer or Software Engineer in Test capacity - you can build test code as well as application code, and have experience doing both
EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran (US only)
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain code repositories, preferably using Git
- Advanced technical competency with a variety of testing tools & frameworks, such as SoapUI/ReadyAPI, Postman, Selenium, Spring, Cucumber
- Solid programming experience in any modern object-oriented programming language such as C#, Python, Java and C/C++ as well as an understanding of OOP concepts; Familiarity with Ruby, Groovy or similar languages
- The desire to coach or mentor other team members
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, communicate concisely and clearly, and be willing to drive quality into the development process
- Familiar with BDD
- Expert in Continuous Integration (CI) concepts and familiarity with Continuous Delivery and Deployment