Nabors Industries owns and operates one of the world's largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a provider of offshore drilling rigs in the United States and multiple international markets. Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools, and innovative technologies for its own rig fleet and those of third parties. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
Nabors is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibiting discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, religion, age, color, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. To learn more about our Fair Employment practices, please refer to the Nabors Code of Conduct.
The Senior Software Engineering Manager is responsible for technical ownership of the software applications, including complete SDLC with a strong focus on quality, security and scalability. This is a hand-on-role with development activities and delivery commitments in addition to managing, mentoring and growing the team with culture of innovation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages and oversees the design and development of software applications.
- Establish design, development and deployment standards for the team.
- Supervise engineering deliverables; Deliver reports and proposals to upper management.
- Safeguard and improve the agile processes and adherence to SDLC.
- Assist in development of design documents, training documents and architectural documents.
- Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets.
- Help translation of business requirement into technical needs and actions.
- Supervise reporting responsibility for independent contractors, engineers and outsourcing partners
- Involve in strategic plans to accomplish technical as well as business with leadership chain, team and with customers.
- Work with Project Managers and Business owners to create and maintain integrated program schedules using advanced scheduling tools and process to create a budget and timeline for the development project.
- Strong understanding in application of diagnosis equipment such as development environments, testing software and other products.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- Bachelors or masters degree in Electrical, Software Engineering or computer science or IT.
- 21-25 years of relevant and successful platform and application development combined with technical leadership across a broad and relevant career.
- 13+ years of technical leadership experience in modern software development targeting Windows and Linux application architecture, designing.
- Extensive development experience in C#, VB, C, C++, .NET Core, Angular, Nodejs, WebSocket, RxJs is a Must.
- Deep experience migrating monolithic architectures to a modern technology stack.
- Advanced experience with source control (TFS, Git, Spectrum) and web /desktop-based development tools.
- 13+ years of supervisory experience and successfully managed multiple team of 10+ engineers.
- Extensive experience in modern web technologies and frameworks (Asp.net MVC, Asp.NetCore 3.1, jQuery, Angular 9+, Typescript, NodeJS, ExpressJS, WebSocket, RxJs, ROS, HTML5, CSS/SCSS, Bootstrap, 3rd party UI frameworks (GoJS, KendoUI, Material, charts)
- Extensive experience in server-side development which includes C#, C++, ADO.Net, Windows services, SQL Jobs, Schedulers, IIS 10.0/7.5 Configuration, Rest / Web API, MQTT, Data Sync, ODBC, EntityFrameworkCore, Ethernet/IP, PLC Interface, Log4net
- Experience with the following development environments: Visual Studio 2019, VS Code, PyCharm
- Experience with various relational and NoSQL database designing including SQL, Oracle, Postgres, MongoDB and MySQL; Writing stored procedure, views, jobs.
- Experience with Object Oriented Analysis, MVC, MVMM UI design patterns
- 15-20 years experience in Oil and Gas Industry.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- 15+ years experience in Oil and Gas Industry.
- Experience using .NetCore and Linux runtime applications.
- Experience in designing and architect the real time applications (RTA) interfacing with PLC.
- Experience in live streaming application which includes ROS, MQTT, SignalR and WebSockets experience
- Experience in Drilling Machine Controls system design and good understanding of IT/Communication process involved.
- Experience in Ethernet, TCP Communication Protocols.
- Experience in converting legacy applications to modern technology (HMI, Desktop, Mobile)
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills, the ability to work independently, multitask, prioritize and work in an interrupt-driven environment and be a quality-driven.
- Strong verbal and written communication, leadership, problem solving skills, organizational and time management skills
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS
- Office environment
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and use hands. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job includes close vision and distance vision.