Dallas: A destination for advice and tech talent
Vanguard plans to open a new office in the Dallas-Fort Worth region in early 2022. In alignment with Vanguard's commitment to making advice more accessible and affordable for investors, the new location will be dedicated to supporting all aspects of our growing advice businesses. This location will supplement Vanguard's talented roster of advisors and advice-focused crew and offer leadership and development opportunities that continue to enable crew to best support our clients.Bring inspiring leadership to a team that's leading the way for investors.
Vanguard wants to change the way the world invest and Advice is a major priority for our company's strategy in serving our clients and Vanguard.
As a leader in Advice Technology, you'll help us build and evolve our advice capabilities and product line-up to serve the needs of individual investors and our advisors. You'll help us tap into unmet investor needs and disrupt the traditionally high-cost advice marketplace by creating modern, reusable advice engines we can scale globally.
As one of the first IT Senior Leaders to join the Dallas team, you'll have a unique opportunity to help lay the groundwork for this exciting expansion. You'll play an integral part in the Dallas hiring strategy for Advice Technology, and you'll develop and engage crew throughout the site as you help shape culture and community for crew in the Dallas office.In this role you will...
Preferred leadership skills include....
- Lead Product Engineering Teams and manage groups within the Retail Advice Systems organization in Dallas.
- Collaborate closely with other teams in Retail Advice, our Advisors, and partners across the enterprise in Dallas, Malvern, and Charlotte to advance our technology and advice strategy.
- Deliver Advice capabilities and products with a focus on operational excellence, resiliency, reliability, and performance efficiency on AWS
- Integrate cutting-edge product development with architecture definition
- Nurture the growth and development of highly skilled technical crew.
- Deep connection to Vanguard's mission as an ambassador for Vanguard in Dallas and a passion to promote the Vanguard values in their day to day interactions.
- Strong experience and history with product delivery and a passion for technology
- An ability to attract, recruit and evaluate talent for Vanguard as a key player in the Dallas EA hiring strategy
- Strong commitment to developing others and driving high engagement across the site
- Ability to inspire change and demonstrate a growth mindset
- Self-starter mentality and a can-do attitude
- Experience working with teams across multiple locations
- Experience leading a high-functioning, highly agile team of engineers
Vanguard is not offering sponsorship for this position.About Vanguard
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.Inclusion Statement
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.