Wolters Kluwer Health's Clinical Effectiveness (CE) organization is a fast-growing and innovation-driven healthcare information technology (HIT) provider working on the front lines of clinical care. Our talented team of physician editors, technologists, and product visionaries collaborate to provide advanced clinical decision support solutions that measurably improve clinical effectiveness by helping healthcare professionals provide optimal care for their patients.
This is a key quality automation engineering role for the organization. Reporting into Wolters Kluwer Clinical Effectiveness Patient Product Engineering team, you will play an important role in delivering innovation products to enable forward-thinking, high-impact information services to support our business. The Software Test Engineer will be responsible for developing a deep understanding of our products, the complex use cases to test them, and creating a robust set of automated tests that will result in a deep and flexible set of tests that become the primary foundation of our regression, deployment, and continuous delivery testing. This is a tremendous opportunity for someone with a passion for quality and testing to help transform the core technology of a leading healthcare information technology company.Essential Duties and ResponsibilitiesResponsibilities:
- Work with the Quality Assurance team, developers, Product Owners, and other team members to gain a comprehensive understanding of existing products and features.
- Be conversant with roadmap plans for new functionality to help guide decisions, consistency, and opportunities for re-use
- Support development of a set of manual and automated tests for new and existing functionality. Collaborate with subject matter experts to clarify business rules, refine acceptance criteria, and ensure the overall quality of coverage for the automated test solution.
- Develop and maintain automated tests within the automated test framework being used
- Ensure automated tests are written according to best practices such that crucial functional requirements are verified and tests remain valid as code evolves
- Advocate for approaches that drive quality and ensure testability
- Execute testing-related tasks within an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Remain current with evolving industry trends and technologies in the automated testing arena
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent field.Experience:
5+ years related experience
Experience and technical creativity demonstrated when thoroughly testing a complex multi-tiered distributed application
Excellent analytical and debugging skills, with strong attention to detail.
Experience with common test frameworks (such as Selenium, Appium, Protractor), with experience building internal tools and frameworks a strong plus.
Familiarity with relational and non-relational (i.e. NoSQL) database technologies desirable but not a must.
Experience with healthcare, voice and IVR applications helpful.
Effective interpersonal and communication skills (written, verbal and listening).
Good judgment, strong problem-solving and decision-making skills, and a finely tuned balance of technical purity and pragmatism.
Committed, engaged, self-motivated, decisive, adaptable, data driven, transparent and objective.Other Duties:
Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.Travel Requirements:
Occasional business travel may occur.Physical Demands:
Normal office environment.All Locations:
USA-IL-Chicago-West Adams St