Labcorp is seeking a Manual Senior Software QA Analyst for its Burlington or RTP, NC location. This position will be a member of an Agile scrum team that is responsible for the development of a Lab Information Management System and associated web applications in support of Labcorp's DNA based relationship testing, chimerism testing, and cell line authentication services.
This position will be responsible for:
- Identifying, planning and executing testing activities within development sprints to ensure high quality software and compliance according to regulatory statutes, policies and procedures.
- Test web and desktop application software, including PowerBuilder, Java, C#, and ASP.Net, along with web services.
- Create and maintain test plans, cases and summaries.
- Execute manual and automated test cases/scripts.
- Manage test data and perform data analysis.
- Define, maintain and organize input and output data.
- Communicate QA risks, milestones, and status to the Product Owner or IT Manager.
- Review and verify user stories to ensure project deliverables pass documented acceptance criteria.
- Participate in scrum team ceremonies including providing work estimates for testing activities during backlog grooming sessions.
- Assist in the setup and maintenance of QA test environment and tools.
- Collect and report on quality statistics and metrics.
- Record and monitor discovered defects and QA related issues.
- Participate in quality related discussions and promote continuous improvement.
- Improve test cycle duration through the use of testing tools.
In addition, the qualified candidate should have the follow attributes:
- Self-managing with the ability to control the analysis and quality processes throughout the software lifecycle while continuously driving quality into the overall work process
- Ability to project, schedule and track assigned tasks or tasks of others; able to determine scope and provide input to manage work effort, project resourcing and risks as required.
- Develop, review and/or provide inputs into test plans, user acceptance plans, test cases/scenarios, test and traceability matrices, and other quality documents Perform and/or provide support into the test execution, defect reporting and resolution, user testing/reviews, metrics reporting and status, results validation and documentation storage.
- Collaborate with the development team as well as application support, infrastructure, etc. to ensure the proper implementation of key functionalities, requirements and processes
License/Certification/Education: Normally requires a B.S. Degree in Computer Science w/5-7 years of experience.
Experience in a medical reference or genetic laboratory setting preferred