Who is "OceanX"
OceanX is a technology platform company in the growing space of physical membership. Based in Silicon Beach, we provide Direct to Consumer focused systems, fulfillment and customer experience management for great brands who want to offer a subscription model. Unsurpassed transparency, hyper-focus on the customer and deep subscription management experience set us apart.
Sr. Manager QA
The Sr. Manager QA leads the QA Engineering team and is responsible for both external client facing solutions and internal platform work. The manager motivates all team members to deliver high quality projects within time and budget. They will work in a hands-on capacity with all disciplines to build testing solution frameworks that improve overall quality. The Sr. Manager QA is also responsible for the career development and mentorship of the QA Engineering team and for identifying staffing/hiring needs.
- Serve as a hands-on, QA Engineering lead and work with the leads of other disciplines to increase the QA impact on the end product.
- Define and direct the development of new testing frameworks and applications and ensure the implementation of manual and automated test solutions.
- Provide deep attention to detail during the full software development life cycle, from conception, design, implementation and testing to documentation, delivery and maintenance.
- Own the writing and presenting of presentations around testing strategies and best practices to internal/external stakeholders.
- Provide and/or review time estimates, technical recommendations, and proposed test solutions based on technical and business requirements.
- Manage multiple onshore/offshore teams to successful delivery, balancing each team’s needs and resources.
- Serve as a point of escalation for issues within the QA Engineering team.
- Manage and provide career development for the team.
- Work to mitigate risk and escalate to technology leadership as appropriate.
- Lead the strategy, planning and design/architecture of new test solutions, and the refinement of existing frameworks, processes, and tools.
- Strategic thinking in guiding enhancements and improvements in the QA Engineering team and the ability to present an overall testing strategy.
- Ability to manage a large onshore/offshore organization team through defined key objective indicators and specified goals that align to the company’s direction and objectives.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 7+ years of QA Engineering management experience; min 2 years as a manager.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent education/professional experience is required.
- Prior experience of leading and manage a team of 20+ onshore/offshore Quality engineers with track record of successfully validating and delivering high quality products.
- Hands-on QA experience including testing automation. Deep knowledge of automation best practices and industry trends.
- Strong attention to detail and quality, and ability to direct the whole team to adapt best practices – top to bottom.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the writing and presenting of presentations around testing strategies and best practices.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changes and maintain high team morale and efficiency.
- Ability to work collaboratively with teams to address their needs, motivate them throughout the project, and identify opportunities to add their own support directly when needed.
- Ability to manage managers in the QA Engineering team, with a track record of successfully assembling effective teams and test solutions.
- Ability to coordinate training sessions for senior and junior team members.
- Prior experience leading multiple teams to successfully deliver projects.
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams with other specialized individuals.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, technical environment with minimal oversight and in a professional manner.
- Ability to measure team and individual manager’s performance through standardized key performance indicators, and ability to push the quality bar higher.
- Staying on top of the cutting-edge testing techniques and trends, implementing the technologies and ensuring higher quality products on projects.
- Experience working with the following: CI/CD, TDD, Agile, and waterfall. BDD experience a plus.