Palo Alto, CA (Location could be anywhere in the US, but candidate will be able to work with PST time zone 10am-5pm)
12 + Months Contract/Contract To Hire
Senior Software Quality Engineer will plan, initiate, design, &/or test the client's big data infrastructure, ensure best system performance, data integrity and security.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
- At least three years of relevant experience in programming and testing of distributed software applications
- Programming skills in Python or Java required
- Experience of coding in API automation testing and Performance testing required
- Strong SQL or other database knowledge, can write SQL queries for data analysis
- Clear understanding of big data system concept and QA methodology
- Understanding of how to analyze and find critical path of a distributed system
- Strong Linux/Unix skills as an end user
- Design thinking mind-set to understand and fulfill solutions from end users' requirements
- Experience in analyzing requirements and generating test cases
- Experience in an Agile Development environment
- Familiarity with one of the core cloud provider services, preferably AWS or Google Cloud, will be a plus
- Familiarity with Docker/Kubernetes will be a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven collaboration and influencing skills
Apexon is a digital technology services and platform solutions company that partners with clients to improve their digital experience and insight. With more than 25 years of experience, our 5000+ Apexers in more than 10 offices worldwide are helping companies enhance their digital experience with their customers.
We work in the areas of digital experience, analytics, AI and cloud to unlock the power of technology for our clients to empower humans with intelligent and experiential solutions. We enable #HumanFirstDigital.