We are seeking a talented and highly motivated Senior Software Quality Engineer for our next-generation risk analysis platform. Our product is a highly scalable, cloud-based SaaS offering that performs detailed risk analyses for our 400+ clients worldwide. This product is based on Linux, Java, and open source technologies, and leverages the latest advances in database tools, vector processing, hardware-based acceleration techniques, and geographic visualization tools. Our product supports 100+ TB of data warehousing/OLAP solutions, large scale distributed data processing technology, and best-in-class virtualization technology in a SaaS environment.
We are an agile development shop. Join one of a dozen scrum teams working in areas like data services, analytics, data transformation, language parsing, and geographic information systems. Collaborate with software engineers, quality engineers, scrum masters, product owners, and our architecture team, to develop multi-tier, multi-layered application layer frameworks, and functional components.
Be a Quality Champion and engage with software development and product management teams to:
- Develop, review and execute test cases
- Guide engineers in developing tests
- Represent a different perspective on customer uses and use cases
- Diagnose, track and manage quality issues to resolution
- Be a product expert who understands how the features should work in all situations and the impact on the rest of the system. Use this insight to identify when the product is working incorrectly and assist the team with prioritizing issues that need to be fixed.
- Participate in product and feature design with developers, usability specialists, user interface designers, and product managers
- Scrub tickets by reproducing problems, identifying regressions, clarifying impact and filtering out duplication
- Develop integration tests, performance tests, and scale tests
- Integrate legacy code into the latest products and platforms.
- Participate in and contribute to code reviews
- Test environments when new builds are pushed
- Be a self-starter with the ability to deliver on time with quality and also handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- 8+ years in testing and quality engineering
- Proven experience with development and maintenance of regression and performance tests in large scale multi-tenant web applications
- 5+ years of automated testing experience in a web-based environment
- Experience with Service Level testing
- Comfortability with both manual and automated testing
- Experience in testing integration with legacy systems
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment
- Experience working with Agile/Scrum methodology
- Experience with Version Control, Code Collaboration, and Continuous Integration Systems
- Experience in Windows and Linux operating systems
- Experience with SQL Server, PostgreSQL and HDFS
- Experience working with relational databases structured query languages, and SQL tools
- Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, MIS or relevant experience