Join a team that puts its People First! Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For list for six consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.Job Summary
**Open to remote candidates**
As a Senior Software Quality Engineer, you will join a multi-functional product team and implement test strategies to ensure product quality of a highly scalable complex cloud solution. Successful candidates have experience working within an Agile delivery model and can plan and execute tests that use the latest tools and automation frameworks. Qualified candidates will have a minimum of 5 years of experience in the Software Quality Engineering (or related) field, with experience creating tests within one or more automation frameworks. If you are ready to bring your skills to work alongside our team of engineers, we promise you'll be working hands-on in the cloud with some of the newest technologies out there.
TARGET TECHNOLOGY STACK:
Docker, Linux on Windows, AzureDevOps for pipelines, GIT, VSCode, NPM Package Management, Jest, Cypress, Taurus, Postman
What you will do
- Work in a fast-paced, agile product environment with small, focused teams
- Design test cases and execute all types of testing (e.g. functional, integration, end-to-end)
- Produce test estimates for testing activities
- Conduct test case reviews and ensure requirements traceability, proper coverage
- Write code to perform automated tests
- Share knowledge and help build skills of other team members
- 5+ years of functional testing background, including defining test strategy, test planning, test case design, and execution
- Experience with CI tools such as Docker, Azure Devops, Jenkins, GitLabs especially automation/REST interfaces to these tools
- UI Test automation experience (e.g. Selenium, Protractor, Watir)
- Experience in all phases of the software and testing lifecycle, inception through deployment
- Project experience using an Agile methodology (e.g. Scrum)
- Experience with test management tools (e.g. TestRail, HP ALM, qTest)
- Experience working in cloud environments (AWS preferred)
- Performance / load testing experience preferred
First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.