10415 Morado Cir, Austin, TX, USADivision:
Cox AutomotiveJob Level:
Day JobRequisition Number:
206802 vAuto , a brand of Cox Automotive,
is currently looking for a Senior Software Test Engineer
with programming skills in C# , Java, or comparable language
to join our successful team in Austin, Texas . Our Teams :
At vAuto , we offer the chance to do your best work and to help lead the digital revolution of the auto industry. Our Software Delivery teams are energetic influencers who have built a world-class software platform, for auto dealers, from the ground up. Collaboration is woven into the fabric of everything we do; from 24-hour Hackathons to sprint reviews and scrum teams, you'll be immersed in an environment that nurtures individualism, creative problem-solving, and intellect. The Job:
The Senior Software Test Engineer
is responsible for a range of testing activities including designing and maintaining test suites, executing test scenarios manually, developing automated testing strategies and implementing them in industry standard testing frameworks. The Software Test Engineer s provide testing expertise and also plays a role in providing advice and guidance and monitoring emerging technologies. Technology We Use:
C#, .NET, Java, Ready API , SQL Server, Selenium Web D river, Appium, Git, Rally , JMeter , NUnit , XUnit , TeamCity , Jenkins , Azure , AWS Your Role:
Qualifications: What We Look For:
- Writes, debugs , and executes code used in automated testing efforts.
- Owns and coordinates the testing efforts for automated activities across supported applications.
- Owns and champions the defect lifecycle for found defects .
- Owns the SDLC testing strategy, test data management strategy, and Quality of the supported applications.
- Gathers and p rovides metrics on business process, test results for manual and automated test suites, and presents them to stakeholders
- Contributes to e stablished processes to continually review and select manual test cases for automation test scenarios.
- Creates, reviews and approves updates to the automation framework(s)
- Responsible for API testing strategy, including creating, maintaining, and updating documentation of the API routes.
- Responsible for creating , updating, and maintaining an object-oriented automation structure
- Responsible for the Performance testing strategy, including creating and updating performance tests
- Responsible for the CI/CD pipeline automation and report ing tools
- Responsible for integrating automation libraries and third-party systems to enhance and improve the automation framework
- Responsible for reviewing and approving automation merge requests
- Understands the challenges that delivery and operations teams face in their day-to-day work and partner with them to design viable solutions.
- Recommends improvements to testing processes, technology, and interfaces that improve the effectiveness of testing teams and reduce technical debt.
Who We Are + What We Do:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of industry related professional experience and education
- 5 - 8 years of working experience in an SDLC environment
- Working experience in software development and/or testing
- Working experience with software test ing tools and processes
- Working experience with using and testing within automated frameworks
- Working experience with consumer-facing applications and databases
- Working experience with regulatory standards testing processes
- Working experience of scripting and configuration tools
- Working experience in Micro services architecture and testing restful API's
- Working knowledge of performance test strategies on web or mobile applications
- Working knowledge of automated testing frameworks such as Selenium or Appium
- Working knowledge of coding standards and best practices
- Working knowledge of language libraries, package managers, and shell scripting
- Working knowledge of delivering products in an engineering, operations, or release role
- Working knowledge of development lifecycle methodologies (e.g. waterfall, agile, iterative)
- Working knowledge in analysis, design and programming
- Expresses the willingness to learn new things and challenge themselves
- Expresses leadership experience and the desire to continue to learn and help others succeed
As part of the Cox Automotive family, vAuto is building a connected suite of software solutions and services to help automotive dealers thrive in today's digital retailing environment. From digital marketing to credit applications and financing, our integrated approach is making buying, selling and shopping for a car more efficient and enjoyable for everyone involved.
Who We Are About Cox Automotive
There's nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto. About Cox
We are the Cox family of businesses. We've been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We're also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We're looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you'll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.