UCT is seeking a Sr. Design Engineer to join our team in Hayward, CA! The Sr. Design Engineer (Software) will be responsible for developing control systems, automated tests, and data acquisition using LabVIEW. In addition, this role will be expected to design and develop computer-based test equipment for testing gas and liquid delivery systems and other electro-mechanical subsystems
- Design and develop automated test programs using LabVIEW.
- Drive the development of qualification test procedures and carry out software qualification.
- Create test documentation, build prototypes, and conduct testing.
- Interface with design and manufacturing engineering to coordinate the validation and commissioning of new test software.
- Prepare reports of results and conclusions for management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or relevant field
- LabVIEW Certification, Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD) or higher
- 7+ years of software development
- 5+ years of related experience in the manufacturing and semiconductor environment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs):
- Proficiency in LabVIEW software development and troubleshooting is a must. Experience in other National Instruments products (TestStand, LabVIEW RT) and database connectivity is a plus.
- Solid understanding of software development principles, object-oriented programing, and design patterns.
- Experience with National Instruments hardware (DAQ, cDAQ, cRIO).
- Familiarity with various communication protocols: Serial, DeviceNet, Modbus, EtherCAT, TCP/IP
- Knowledge of Windows operating system and Microsoft Office programs
- Advanced knowledge in the integration of test platforms and industrial automation.
- Excellent project and time management skills.
- Experience creating documentation, system diagrams, schematic diagrams, P&ID.
- Familiarity with semiconductor capital equipment; pressure, flow, and vacuum theory.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple, competing priorities.
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Work is performed primarily in a standard office environment
Physical Demands :
- Ability to kneel, reach, walk, push, pull, and grasp.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to move arms, hands, and fingers.
- Required to have visual acuity to perform assigned tasks.
- Subject to frequent interruptions.
- Ability to sit for sustained periods of time.
- Ability to talk on the phone and use a computer for extended periods of time may be required.
- Required to wear personal protective equipment where applicable.
- May involve exposure to moderate noise levels from printers, faxes, computers, etc.
- Work may require out of town travel depending upon assignment (training and meeting).
UCT offers an excellent benefits package to all full-time employees which includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), and paid time off.
UCT is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to promoting a culturally diverse workforce.