Engility delivers innovative solutions to critical challenges facing the nation and the world. As a premier provider of integrated services for the U.S. government, we support the Department of Defense, intelligence community, space communities, federal civilian agencies and international customers. Engility is dedicated to making lives better, safer and more secure. Description:
Engility is seeking an experienced professional to join the Space and Missions Group (SMSG). SMSG provides specialized program management, engineering, analysis and operations support to a variety of Intelligence Community (IC) and Department of Defense (DoD) customers. We support the generation after next of national security-related systems based in space, in the air and on the ground.
SMSG has an opening for a Senior Space Laser Engineer to provide systems engineering and technical advisory services to a Government Intelligence Community (IC) customer. The customer is developing the next-generation of space and ground systems architectures, hardware and software solutions.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Research, plan, design, and develop spaceborne laser components and systems such as optical benches, fixtures, enclosures, instrumentation, controls, to include power and thermal systems
- Plan, design, develop, and testing of spaceborne laser systems, instruments, and controls
- Ensure research and development (R&D) efforts are planned and conducted on a sound engineering basis including management of technical risks
- Provide technical support to customer activities and programmatic processes
- Develop documents and briefings to communicate work or study status, brief Government and industry as required
ESMSG Desired Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree in aeronautical/astronautical/aerospace/mechanical/materials science engineering, science, or related disciplines
- Minimum of 14 years of related experience or at least 12 years of related experience with a Master degree
- Experience in the design and development of spaceborne laser components and systems such as optical benches, fixtures, enclosures, instrumentation, controls, to include power and thermal systems
- Effective customer engagement, interpersonal communications, writing, and briefing skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic, and energetic environment
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications, and modelling and simulation software
- Aptitude for on-site Systems Engineering and Technical Advisor (SETA) work
- Active TS/SCI with Poly is required to start.
- Advanced degree in engineering, science, or related disciplines
- Experience with Department of Defense (DoD) or the Intelligence Community (IC) R&D organizations
EVLP EEO Statement:
Engility Corporation is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. citizenship is required for most positions. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statements, please click here . Department: