The Aerospace Corporation is the trusted partner to the nation's space programs, solving the hardest problems and providing unmatched technical expertise. As the operator of a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC), we are broadly engaged across all aspects of space- delivering innovative solutions that span satellite, launch, ground, and cyber systems for defense, civil and commercial customers. When you join our team, you'll be part of a special collection of problem solvers, thought leaders, and innovators. Join us and take your place in space.
At Aerospace, we are committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace for all employees to share in our common passion and aspiration - to carry out a mission much bigger than ourselves. We remain committed to maintaining a safe environment for hiring as we look forward to the future of work. Click here for information on Aerospace's COVID-19 directives and safety procedures implemented to keep our workplace safe.Job Summary
The Systems Performance, Estimation, and Algorithms Department (SPEAD) performs concept development, systems engineering, architecture analysis, algorithm development and evaluation support for national security space customers emphasizing Radar, Electro-Optical (EO) and Infrared (IR) sensors, missile warning/missile tracking (MW/MT) missions, Electronic Warfare (EW), space domain awareness (SDA), and space protection and security .
The selected candidate will provide project and technical leadership, analytical support, algorithm development, systems engineering and architecting, and modeling and simulation analysis for space surveillance systems, space protection and space threat susceptibility, vulnerability analysis and resiliency assessment. Candidate will interact directly with government customers as well as Aerospace program office personnel in the El Segundo area and collaborate closely with Engineering and Technology Group (ETG) and program office personnel in Colorado Springs, CO, El Segundo, CA, Chantilly, VA, and other locations. What you need to be successful
How you can stand out
- Advanced degree in mathematics, electrical or aerospace engineering, physics, computer science or equivalent, or a Bachelor's degree with twelve years of applicable experience required
- Experience in systems engineering analysis of space surveillance systems including system-of-systems architectures, system and sensor level evaluation and simulation, mission performance assessment with emphasis on single and multi-target tracking, detection and estimation, sensor tasking and scheduling, system error analysis, and system integration
- Led development of computer tools and simulations to support analyses of interdisciplinary support teams and performing general and specific systems engineering trades assessments
- Background in statistics, estimation, controls, signal processing or a related field with experience developing and implementing tracking algorithms
- Fluent in at least one the following programming languages; C++, Python, C, Java, MATLAB, or FORTRAN
- Good interpersonal communication and briefing skills along with the ability to work independently and interact effectively with high-level government, Aerospace, and contractor personnel
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance
Ways We Reward Our Employees
- Additional experience, typically fifteen (15) years or more, in the development, modeling and simulation, analysis and evaluation of MW/MT space systems
- Experience in the development, analysis and evaluation of mission processing algorithms, to include target detection, clutter suppression, CSO resolution, tactical parameter estimation (TPE), and/or multi-target tracking
- Experience with architectural and OPIR payload conceptual design trade studies, technology insertion, requirements definition to support architecture evolution of a multi-layer Missile Warning System including Missile Defense
- Provided algorithm and sensor mode selection and reconfiguration for resilience and autonomous ops, containment of countermeasures, graceful degradation, recovery, sparing and re-constitution, processor and overall sensor functionality assessments
- Current TS/SCI clearance
During your interview process, our team will provide details of our industry-leading benefits.
Benefits vary and are applicable based on Job Type. A few highlights include:
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans
- Paid holidays, sick time, and vacation
- Standard and alternate work schedules, including telework options
- 401(k) Plan - Employees receive a total company-paid benefit of 8%, 10%, or 12% of eligible compensation based on years of service and matching contributions; employees are immediately eligible and vested in the plan upon hire
- Flexible spending accounts
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Education assistance programs
- An inclusive work environment built on teamwork, flexibility, and respect
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other-the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation. Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at email@example.com . You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .