At Micro Focus, everything we do is based on a simple idea: The fastest way to get results is to build on what you have. Our software solutions enable organizations to do just that. Secure and scalable, with analytics built in, they bridge the gap between existing and emerging IT—fast-tracking digital transformations across DevOps, Hybrid IT, Security, and Predictive Analytics. In the race to innovate, Micro Focus customers have the clear advantage.
Our portfolio spans the following areas:
DevOps | IT Operations| Cloud | Security | Info Governance | Big Data, Machine Learning, & Analytics
Fortify is looking for a passionate and highly collaborative Software Engineer to join our Team in Sunnyvale, CA. We are in search of an engineer who will work with the R&D team to build and scale our Server & Tools applications.
The ideal candidate will have solid experience in all phases of SDLC from feature development, testing, staging, deployment to production and maintenance of web applications.
- Strong experience in web technologies to design and implement new applications that are highly scalable and performant
- Write and maintain high-quality, secure, scalable, maintainable RESTful services and applications using Object Oriented Programming (OOP) practices and Design patterns (OOD)
- Build features, services, and systems that involves interactions of multiple components with scalability and security in consideration.
- Actively participate in the full Software Development Life Cycle (Agile/Scrum), iterative development, estimations and design sessions
- Write efficient & maintainable code that is easy to read and well-documented
- Have a focus on quality, and write unit and integration tests
- Ensure timely delivery of features/bug fixes from dev to production environment
- Identify and address performance bottlenecks and fix them as needed.
- Follow and promote software design/testing/coding best practices
- Keen eye for user experience and design
- Work collaboratively in a dynamic and fast-moving team
- Respond to customer and business requests by engineering solutions
Knowledge and Skills:
- 5+ years of professional web development experience using Java. (.NET an added plus)
- 3+ years of SQL, Hibernate and relational database experience required
- Solid understanding of OO design, algorithms, and data structures
- Proven track record in scalability solutions and performance improvement
- Strong background in RESTful and SOAP WebServices
- Experience working with gradle project and github repository preferred
- Aptitude to quickly learn new languages and technologies as necessary
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science degree required