Jazz Pharmaceuticals is a global biopharmaceutical company dedicated to developing life-changing medicines for people with serious diseases - often with limited or no options. We have a diverse portfolio of marketed medicines and novel product candidates, from early- to late-stage development, in key therapeutic areas. Our focus is in neuroscience, including sleep medicine and movement disorders, and in oncology, including hematologic and solid tumors. We actively explore new options for patients including novel compounds, small molecule advancements, biologics and innovative delivery technologies. Jazz is headquartered in Dublin, Ireland and has employees around the globe, serving patients in more than 90 countries.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you're looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients' lives and being a great place to work, we hope you'll explore our career openings and get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
The Medical Affairs Statistical Programming Group within the Department of Biometrics is responsible for developing software for the analysis of clinical study data for the Medical Affairs group. The Sr Statistical Programmer will work closely with the lead statistician and is responsible for programming analyses to support publications and presentations.Essential Functions
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Program complex adhoc analyses in a fast paced environment for medical affairs/publication purposes working outside of the standard programming function for R&D clinical trials
- Attend multi-disciplinary team meetings, representing the programming function.
- Develop software systems to generate displays of clinical study data as tables, listings, and graphs for Medical Affairs analysis requests.
- Create and document archives of software, outputs, and analysis files.
- Review draft clinical reports, journal articles, slide presentations, and other documents to assure that results are reported accurately.
- Possibly oversee work of internal contract programmers and external vendors.
- Provide time and resource estimates for project planning.
Desired Education and Licenses
- Skilled in programming with SAS. Knowledge of additional programming languages a plus.
- Good knowledge of statistics methods such as GLM, Survival Analysis and the drug development process
- Experience as a lead programmer for a project and/or compound.
- Ability to balance and prioritize multiple assignments and respond quickly to adhoc requests.
- Experience in performing analysis to support publications, conference presentations and internal decision making a plus.
- Familiarity with CDISC standards, including SDTM and ADaM models
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
Description of Physical Demands
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Life Sciences or other relevant scientific fields required; Master's Degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in developing software to analyze clinical data using the SAS system
Description of Work Environment
- Occasional mobility within office environment.
- Routinely sitting for extended periods of time.
- Constantly operating a computer, printer, telephone and other similar office machinery.
- Work indoors in normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, fumes, vibrations and temperature changes.
- Frequent computer use at workstation.
- May move from one work location to another occasionally.
- Responsibilities may require a work schedule that may include working outside of "normal" work hours, in order to meet business demands.
- Occasional public contact requiring appropriate business apparel
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.