VariQ has an exciting opportunity for a highly qualified Senior Storage Engineer - Hosting Services
to support the USCIS
in Washington, DC
- Salary: Dependent upon experience
- Security Clearance: ability to attain an active DHS EOD required
- Availability: upon award, currently in proposal stage
- Assess the storage and backup solutions in use by our current installed-base customers
- Evaluate customer needs based on applications requirements, current capacity and growth trends
- Deliver engineering specifications, assist with functional specifications, and collaborate on technical designs and specifications for projects and initiatives.
- Provide technical services for customers in a highly complex storage and backup environments. Demonstrate ability to assess technical impact to the project/new technology along with technical risks.
- Maintain technical awareness of developments within the backup and storage technology industry and evaluate the applicability of those developments to needs of Fujitsu, in order to ensure that such developments are exploited for the business benefit of the company.
- Define and specify architecture protocols and functional requirements and specifications for storage and backup components.
- 10 years of NetApp storage systems experience; that includes experience with NetApp systems administration support for large scale Windows/UNIX/Linux environments.
- 10 years of experience installing and configuring NetApp storage systems.
- 10 years of experience writing scripts with a scripting language
- 5 years of experience using OCI
- 5 years of experience in managing FlexPod integration with NetApp storage
- 2 years of experience with AWS On-Premise and AWS migrations
- Familiarity with DevOps and ITIL processes
- Must have the ability to transport laptop/work equipment to and from work and home in order to support remote work, if required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- This job description is not designed to cover a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities are subject to change at any time. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
- All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
VariQ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class. We consider diversity and inclusiveness to be core to our culture, and central to our commitment to fostering an empowering and supportive workplace.