Design Group operates from more than 45 offices in the United States and India, providing engineering, consulting and technical services for the world's leading companies in the food and beverage, life sciences, advanced technology, industrial and other market sectors. Our nearly 1,500 technical and engineering experts have direct industry experience in industrial automation, control system integration, facility and process engineering, architecture, construction management, regulatory compliance, enterprise technology and other consulting services.
Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging, corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries. By blending people-centric leadership with disciplined operational strategies and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $3 billion organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a common belief: to use the power of business to build a better world.Job Description:Job Summary:
The Sr. Structural Engineer is responsible for the preparation of design and construction documents for new structures as well as structural upgrades to existing facilities of varying size as a part of an integrated multi-discipline A/E team. The role will also include assisting the owner or project manager to define the facility requirements/program for projects in the following areas: Advanced Technologies, Life Science, Pharma and Food or Beverage design. This role may oversee the work of structural engineers and designers on similar projects. Responsibilities:
- Analyze and design concrete, steel, masonry, and timber structures with emphasize on seismic design.
- Produce structural calculations, complete calculation checks, design drawings, specifications, reports, and other project deliverables while working with the structural engineering team and other disciplines within the project team.
- Analyze existing structures. Provide recommendations for strengthening for new loads where required. Develop design sketches into completed working details and drawings based on engineering fundamentals and applicable Codes.
- Work to understand the scope and requirements of each assignment to assure timely deliverables exceed expectations.
- Guide team performance by efficient, excellent personal work and by candid, constructive feedback to the team.
- Conduct field work including structural as-builts, rebuilds, retrofits, construction technical support and interaction with Client's personnel.
- Assist with the training and mentoring of junior level engineers and designers.
- 12+ years' experience as a Structural Engineer
- 5+ years' experience as a licensed engineer.
- Experience in the analysis and design of structures with emphasize on seismic design.
- Hands on experience with structural engineering software such as ETABS, RISA, RAM, STAAD, SAP, Mathcad, Enercalc or similar tools.
- Experience with REVIT preferred (must have some experience using 3-D design software packages)
- Detailed knowledge of Building Codes and seismic requirements.
- Experience in private sector industrial repair/remediation and greenfield projects preferred.
- Ability to complete field work, including climbing stairs, ladders, and equipment/structures of varying heights.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Proficient with written and verbal technical communication including generating reports and conducting group presentations.
- Willing and able to travel as necessary for project requirements to include but not be limited to: project installation and start-up activities, client meetings, company sponsored meetings, trainings, industry related seminars, forums, or conventions, etc.
- BS Civil Engineering or MS Structural Engineering from an ABET accredited university
- Professional Engineer License required
- SE preferred
Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This organization uses E-Verify.
Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications, background screening and/or skills assessments.Company:
Design Group FS Inc