Technical Support Engineer - EAST
We're looking to hire a Support Engineer to engage customers to guide them through the architecture, development, and operations of the open-source Druid data store. We're a small team with a quickly growing customer base, so you'll have a chance to have a big impact and wear multiple hats. Ideally, you have worked in a customer-facing role, are intrigued by cutting-edge technical challenges, and want to work with some of the largest and fastest big data architectures in the world.
- Empower superior and professional customer support to customers with every interaction
- Execute deep troubleshooting and drive resolution of customer issues as expediently as possible with the highest quality within customer-committed Service Level Agreements
- Diagnose and isolate problems from anywhere within the technical stack from customer-initiation, through service to the underlying cloud provider
- Drive useful content to internal and customer-facing documentation including the customer knowledge base and community
- Will occasionally require night and weekend on-call scheduling for customer critical support needs
Required experiences and skills
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or related field
- A team player mentality - we will succeed only as a strong team
- Be defined by your “Helper Gene”, Do you thrive in helping others achieve success?
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting fundamentals
- Experience in analyzing system, network, and application log files and system performance metrics to diagnose and troubleshoot problems
Having these will set you apart as a candidate (Looking for a strong mixture)
- Knowledge and experience with big data architecture on-premise and in cloud environments like AWS
- Experience with streaming platforms such as Kafka and Kinesis
- Time spent building, administering Hadoop environments
- JVM operations experience: you eat garbage collection tuning configs for breakfast
- You know your way around a Linux system and are comfortable with built-in tools like top, iostat, lsof, and netstat
- Experience with Druid or related big data systems like Elasticsearch, InfluxDB, Pinot
- Experience in scripting / programming
Please enclose a copy of your word formatted resume to email@example.com.