Primescape Solutions is seeking a highly motivated Senior Sybase Architect to lead the effort to upgrade our customer-s ASA 16 databases into ASA 17. Each candidate considered will be fully screened by our recruiter and technical team lead if so chosen. EDUCATION AND YEARS OF EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- 5+ year-s database design and administration experience with Sybase.
- BS/BA degree or higher in information technology.
- 3+ years of experience with Microsoft Windows 2012 Operating System.
- 5+ years of experience with Sybase technologies (Replication, partitioning, security, performance tuning, memory management, SQL tuning, statistics gathering, Application audit logs, Scheduling, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience in utilizing performance tuning tools. Understand and interpret the reports generated from tools and resolve performance issues.
- 5+ years of experience in backup and recovery, application patching, cloning, maintenance and problem solving within a Sybase 16 environment (Experience with ASA17 is a plus).
- 5+ years of experience in leading and supporting upgrade activities (Experience upgrading to ASA17 is a plus).
- 5+ years of experience with Med (1TB) to Large (30 TB) sized databases.
- Experience developing applications in.NET (Experience coding in C#, VB, and Visual Studio is a plus).
- Experience working with Agile Scrum is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn, retain, and apply good interpersonal skills, and perform effectively under time pressure are critical skills required for this position.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Possesses advanced levels of technical knowledge combined with a balanced mix of sound business vision and project and business skills
- -Systems thinking- - the ability to see how parts interact with the whole (big picture thinking) and design the technical architecture and implement the technical solution
- Astuteness of future technology and architectural advancements to support the organizations architectural strategy, technology migration, and integration and evolution
- Broad understanding of the numerous state-of-the-art technologies currently on the market; in-depth understanding of large, web-based application constructs and their supporting components, such as databases, and interconnection/communication such as APIs and web services
- Ability to act as a subject matter expert and advisory to the Enterprise Architect on technology matters
- Ability to suggest approaches that optimize among customer needs, business constraints, and technological realities
- Exceptional problem-solving and written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to organize and prioritize individual work as well as the work of others
- Ability to complete assignments correctly and in a timely manner
- Excellent interpersonal, coordination, and communication (oral and written) skills
- Ability to work cooperatively and collegiality with others, on multidisciplinary teams and to establish professional working relationships.
As a Senior Sybase Architect, you will lead a highly technical team of professionals who are responsible for researching, analyzing, changing, testing and deploying Microsoft .NET applications as the database is upgraded to ASA 17
You will be responsible for upgrading to ASA17 and for all architectural design, development and deployment of cost effective and sustainable technical and application solutions to meet business requirements
Strong organizational skills, managing competing priorities, technical expertise and attention to detail are key in this customer-focused role If you encounter any problems while applying for a position, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ABOUT PRIMESCAPE SOLUTIONS:
Primescape is an industry leader providing cutting-edge solutions and services to federal agencies since our founding in 1998. We deliver software applications, data services, and project management support for 21st century Digital Government initiatives domestically and to posts around the globe. Primescape personnel are recognized by their government colleagues as experts and trusted advisory.
To learn more about why you should join the Primescape team:
#CJ Primescape Solutions, a HighPoint Company, is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.