This is a senior position with responsibility to plan, organize and guide the technical installation, maintenance, enhancement and operation of computer software or system hardware for multiple applications and systems of a complex nature and of large major applications that are vital to business operations. This is a hands-on position with a focus toward Internet Product Line support. It is essential to understand the business from the perspective of a senior level business person and be conversant in the business language.
This job description reflects the general concept and intent of the classification and should not be construed as a detailed statement of all the work requirements that may be inherent in a position.ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Delivers technical leadership in the following areas:
- Commercial Internet Product Line Support: infrastructure support, web application hosting to support a 99.99% uptime, systems deployment, database administration, product line application support; systems integration; disaster recovery planning and management.
- Business Application Support: infrastructure support, web application hosting to support a 99.99% uptime, systems deployment, database administration, business application support; systems integration; disaster recovery planning and management.
- Desktop Support: Personal Computer support, service desk environment, network support, software support and training,
- Network Support: Local and wide area networks, infrastructure support, server management, security, telecommunications support,
- Production Control: Maintains and monitors production schedules optimizing the production environment.
Guides operations personnel to achieve business goals; plans and organizes workloads and staff assignments, reviews progress, directs changes in priorities and schedules as needed to assure work is performed in a timely and efficient manner to meet business timeline requirements.
Contributes to the budget process for capital operational projects, provides cost estimates to support division objectives and departmental goals. Analyzes the cost/benefit of software updates and /or hardware changes and the impacts on other software and equipment; recommends appropriate action to assure cost-effective, efficient and continued computer services.
Actively resolves inquiries, problems, complaints, or emergencies affecting availability or quality of services. Respond to sensitive, technical, or complex inquiries or service complaints with a positive customer care mindset.
Recommends and monitors standards for hardware and software. Recommend future directions or new IT projects. Provide leadership in areas for system security, access, including internal and external access, commercial Internet product lines and recovery standards and procedures.
In concert with the IT Operations team, plans and coordinates installation of hardware, software, and data communication updates, changes and enhancements.
Provide high level of technical leadership to the Information Technology staff and other departments in regards to systems, software, hardware, and data communications. Interfaces with third party technical support personnel and support vendors. Stays abreast of and researches information technology trends in order to remain current with information technology.
The IT Senior System Administrator is distinguished by the leadership responsibility for a team of IT professionals. Work is performed with independent judgment, with accountabilities for the team's goals and objects and general responsibility for meeting system uptime objectives and the economics of computer utilization.
Performs other related duties as assigned.WORKING CONDITIONS
Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Employee may sit for long periods of time at a computer screen, attending meetings, etc. Physical exertion is required for lifting usually not exceeding 50 lbs. Installation of various computer parts may also require bending, kneeling, stooping, reaching, and crawling.
During emergencies or special projects, this position will be required to work an irregular and changing schedule, which may include working extended hours to correct technical issues, attending early morning or evening meetings, working weekends and holidays, and/or be available, by phone to answer questions or be on-site. QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information, business administration, or related field and ten or more years of progressive responsibility with at least two years in a supervisory capacity.
- Works well under pressure. Able to maintain perspective when a system failure occurs and provides leadership during the event for quick resolution.
- Advanced knowledge of personal computer hardware, operating systems, office automation software, printers, plotters, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of networks, servers, communication devices, and system/network security and telecommunication systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with all levels within the organization.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and maximize the utilization of computer resources.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to train, organizes tasks, coach, facilitate meetings and evaluate the work performance of staff.
- Ability to manage large, complex information service projects from inception through completion.
- Ability to participate as a team member and provide leadership to a self-directed work team utilizing the resources of other team members.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.