Leidos is seeking Senior System Administrator to support a large enterprise IT contract for the DOD. The System Administrator will support operations across multiple geographic locations. The System Administrator provides systems and software operations and maintenance support in a large, multi-enclave enterprise environment. This administrator will maintain the Next Generation Desktop Environment (NGDE) based on ForcePoint's Trusted Thin Client system. They will maintain the Distribution Consoles, clusters, and other back-end components for a multi-level thin client solution as well as troubleshoot connectivity for customers from thin clients, through systems, and to multiple disparate enclaves. This individual will work in a team environment to ensure mission needs are met and ensure functionality of capabilities of customers.
• Individuals in this role may be required to remotely log into the end users' endpoint (desktops and/or servers) in order to perform technical software configuration, rebooting, and other remedial actions.
• Provide support implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance support. Rapidly distinguish isolated user problems.
• Maintain the NGDE thin client back-end infrastructure and provide customer support for thin clients, Distribution Consoles, NGDE profiles, license files, routes and session connections.
• Coordinate with customers and stakeholders to collect data, conduct analysis, develop, and implement solutions associated with incident tickets and requirements.
• Establish comprehensive availability and capacity management solution using lessons learned
• Develop solutions to technical issues.
• Provide follow-up reports (technical findings, feedback, resolution steps taken) for root cause analysis, engineering technical assessment and process improvement initiatives.
• Support customer requirements in a 24/7/365 mission environment.
• Update operations and maintenance documentation for 24/7/365 IT Operations Center watch personnel.
• Experience with interacting with customers to handle service inquiries and problems.
• Experience working as a Tier 2/3 system administrator: familiar with using desktop software applications such as web browsing and client software, and IT Service Management software.
• Knowledge of IC IT standards and best practices.
• Experience troubleshooting issues in a growing environment.
• Extensive experience with ForcePoint's Trusted Thin Client (TTC) system or similar Multi-level Security (MLS) systems
• Extensive experience managing Distribution Consoles (DCs) in multiple cluster configurations
• Experience managing license files to add/remove thin clients
• Experience managing routes within clusters for remote users and new capabilities
• Extensive experience troubleshooting connectivity issues between thin clients and DCs and DCs and separate domain resources
• Experience implementing system patches and upgrades with minimal downtime to customers
• Experience with log reviews, incident analysis, and identification of issue trends
• Ability to manage time effectively
• Strong oral and written communications skills.
• Track record of working effectively within a team, and support to peers toward improved processes and results.
• Experience with support ticket management systems using Service Now
• Candidate must, at a minimum, meet DoD 8570.11- IAT Level II certification requirements (currently Security+ CE, CCNA-Security, GSEC, or SSCP).
*Candidate must have a Bachelor's degree with at least 6 years of relevant experience, Masters degree with 4 years, Associate's with 8 years, or High School Diploma with 10 years.
*ship is required.
*TS/SCI with Poly is required for this position or TS/SCI and willingness to get a Poly
• ITIL Foundation certification