Sr. Systems Administrator
's and s are encouraged to apply
Boston, MA seaport area (Downtown, MA)
Remote ok for now, but will need to be ONSITE post COVID.
We are looking for a Senior System Administrator to lead the support and implementation of new technologies. You will be responsible for the design, installation, configuration, and maintenance of the existing and future corporate infrastructure. Your role will be integral to supporting engineers, and developers by troubleshooting day-to-day problems, maintaining business applications, and ensuring a secure and highly available systems environment. In-scope technologies for the Senior System Administrator include but not limited to Linux, VMware, storage and server hardware. Responsibilities
- Setup, configure, and perform day-to-day maintenance and administration of multiple Linux distributions running on physical and virtual environments
- Manage VMware 6.x products, including ESXi, vSphere, vCenter, VM Replication, vMotion, VM Backup and Recovery.
- Implement and maintain storage devices including installation, upgrade and configuration of volumes
- Own the production server infrastructure, including upgrades, backups, performance tuning, fault resolution and capacity planning
- Manage DNS, DHCP, Backup and Recovery
- Collaborate with team members to troubleshoot and resolve network, storage, servers and application related issues.
- Ensure maximum up time by addressing critical issues as they arise, and utilizing excellent troubleshooting, multi-tasking and analytical skills.
- Effectively manage time and priorities, delivering projects on schedule and communicating issues proactively
Desired Capabilities and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or related technical field, preferred
- Extensive hands-on experience installing, configuring and administering multiple Linux distributions, such as RedHat, Ubuntu and Centos
- Experience with NAS/SAN storage administration and configuration
- Strong knowledge of managing and upgrading VMware vSphere (6.5+) environments
- Well versed in NFS, CIFS and iSCSI
- Good scripting skills, especially Python and Bash
- Working knowledge of Windows Server administration and Active directory
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environments
Senior Technical Recruiter
Endure Technology Solutions