JOB DESCRIPTION: SAIC, a leading provider of systems development & deployment, targeting & intelligence analysis, systems engineering & integration, and training capabilities and solutions for the Intelligence Community, is seeking creative and dedicated professionals to fulfill their career goals and objectives while delivering mission excellence on programs of national importance. Join our team today as we Redefine Ingenuity!
SAIC is seeking System Administrators to be responsible for installations, upgrades, support/problem resolution, configuration, implementation, and maintenance for physical and virtual Linux-base systems. The successful candidate is a dynamic, innovative, self-starting problem solver with the aptitude and attitude to tackle technical challenges with limited direction / oversight.
-Building, configuring, and troubleshooting open source and commercial applications
-User support of system
-Documentation of system architecture
-Documentation for end user of the system Qualifications
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Active TS/SCI with polygraph
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in Computer science, Engineering, or a related field
- Minimum of 9 years of experience in System Administration to include experience with:
- Linux Administration
- Ability to conduct root-cause analysis for Linux systems and services
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as Bash or Python
- Possess strong troubleshooting, problem solving, and verbal/written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Basic networking experience (TCP/IP, routing, SSH, OpenVPN)
- Experience with LDAP
- Knowledge of automation tools such as Ansible, Chef, and Puppet
- Deploying servers in cloud environments such as AWS and Azure
My SAIC Benefits.