Description JOB DESCRIPTION:
SAIC is looking to fill a Systems Administrator position primarily in support of our software development team while assisting other teams for the JRE Division in San Diego, CA.
Job duties include: day-to-day operational maintenance support in a mixed-platform environment, hardware maintenance of workstations/servers and disaster recovery.
Candidate will schedule installations and upgrades and maintain them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures. Continually monitors and tunes multiple systems to achieve optimum performance levels. Ensures workstation/server data integrity by evaluating, implementing and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions of varying complexities.
Candidate will be responsible for assisting in Windows and *nix system administration and will work with Continuous Integration (CI) build pipelines. Candidate will be responsible for conducting hardware and software audits of workstations and servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines.
Must be a strong scripter/programmer and possess excellent organizational skills . Qualifications Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelors and 3-5 years or more experience; Masters and 2 years related experience
Applicants should be familiar with:
- PC application analysis, system integration, software development and/or related disciplines
- Working in a mixed-platform environment running both Linux and Microsoft systems
- Working in virtualized environments
- Supporting multiple Linux variants and other UNIX based operating systems
- Developing and maintaining PowerShell, Bash, and/or C scripts or applications
- Collaborating in a group environment and communicating ideas in both written and oral form
- Infrastructure as Code applications such as Puppet, Chef or Ansible
- Revision Control Systems such as Git
- Active Directory/LDAP
- System/Network Security
- Cyber Security (NIST 800-171)
- Windows Registry and GPO management
- LAMP Implementations
- Working in an Agile environment
- SharePoint, Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Bamboo or MySQL/PostgreSQL administration.
- Security+ Certification and other IT Certifications.
My SAIC Benefits.