VariQ has an exciting opportunity for a highly qualified Senior System Engineer - Hosting Services
to support the USCIS Enterprise Infrastructure Operations Support Services (EIOSS)
in Washington, DC
- Salary: Dependent upon experience
- Security Clearance: ability to attain an active DHS EOD required
- Availability: upon award, currently in proposal stage
- Drives the stability and sustainability of the network software systems and discover innovative ways for scaling and reliable operation.
- Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
- Creates proactive engineering mechanisms that enable the team to manage the health of a number of distributed VMs.
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation, and interface definition studies for hardware and software specifications.
- Utilizes trends and metrics to identify opportunities for improvements within existing frameworks, tools and processes. Responsible for systems functionality, performance, and configurations issues.
- 10 years of analysis related to design, development, and integration of hardware and software to support large scale Windows/Unix/Linux environments
- CISCO CCNP certified with professional-level skills focused on the data center solutions, technologies and best practices to design, implement, and manage a modern data center infrastructure.
- 10 years' experience testing large scale Windows/Unix/Linux environments.
- Experience performing a variety of engineering and operational related assignments associated with SAN and Storage operations, and virtualization software (VMware's vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V0 on a set of enterprise-level IT systems.
- 10 years' experience writing scripts with a scripting language
- Familiarity with DevOps and ITIL processes
- Experienced in AWS, AZURE, Google Cloud Services, and other Cloud environments
VariQ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.