Data Systems Analysts, Inc. is searching for a
Senior System Engineer that can integrate tightly into a Government team to provide software system engineering capabilities across the PEO. These subject matter experts will be responsible for supporting Government system engineers as they direct, guide and oversee system solution developers implement the envisioned capabilities to meet PEO requirements through the implementation of the programs and projects that the PEO oversees. These system engineers will provide the expertise necessary to support the design, development, testing, implementation, and disposition activities.
This work is expected to be accomplished from a Ft Meade, MD Government location or contractor facility with potential infrequent local travel to a Virginia Government location.
* Able to function in leadership role
* Ability to multi-task, be flexible and adapt to a dynamic and exciting work environment
* Experienced in Agile and Scaled Agile Framework for Enterprises (SAFe) version 4.5 development processes
* Experience researching and producing white papers and analyses, technical papers and low code application and component results at conclusion of agile sprints
* Experience reviewing and analyzing test reports and test artifacts from agile sprints to recommend deployment decisions
* Experience in producing, reading, analyzing, and documenting DoDAF V2 architecture products
* Demonstrated experience doing program planning, analysis, and insight into subsystem and system design and integration, requirements flow-down, design performance, and cost trades
* Experience delivering enterprise, system and service architecture planning, development, and analysis
* Experience researching, delivering, and presenting broad concept studies, identification of improvement opportunities, and preparation of implementation roadmaps
* Experience performing independent analysis and evaluation of internal and external interfaces of systems and overarching national security systems and enterprise systems interoperability
* Expertise in producing reference designs for analysis and program planning
* Experience identifying and analyzing causes of mission application problems and developing solutions that guide the PEO to new approaches to resolve the problems
* Experience developing System Engineering Plan, Test & Evaluation Plans, and Operational Test Plans
* Experience supporting prototypes of PEO requirements and architectural artifacts
* Experience testing for and performing independent evaluations of application prototypes performance
* Experience with Microsoft Visio, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and Word
* Experience with software configuration management, source code management, software delivery metrics, software quality metrics
* Knowledge of the full software development life cycle
* Experience with Agile software development methodology
* Ability to work independently and within a team environment with geographically dispersed team members
* Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
* Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
* 5 to 10 years with a Bachelor or Masters degree in a STEM field or equivalent experience working with large-scale DoD or federal government IT programs
* Agile certification desired but not requiredMUST HAVE AN ACTIVE SECRET DOD CLEARANCE ; this will be verified prior to interview. Therefore, only US Citizens can be considered for this position.
Founded in 1963, Data Systems Analysts, Inc. (DSA) has been providing Defense and Federal Government customers' business-driven Information Technology and consulting solutions and services for more than 50 years. DSA's people excel in helping our customers achieve sensitive, mission-critical business goals and objectives. DSA is a 100 percent employee-owned company: every employee has a stake in the success of our company and our customers.Our culture embraces training and development opportunities that include leadership programs, employee networks, continued education, and much more. We recognize that building expertise in your profession benefits everyone, and our leadership training programs help employees better manage their projects, inspire coworkers and customers to action, and reinforce DSA's guiding principles since 1963.
We also value the unique combination of skills, abilities, aspirations, and backgrounds of every individual our diversity makes us stronger. We are 100 percent employee-owned through an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).DSA employees receive customizable benefits that are highly competitive in each local market that include a Vanguard 401K. DSA provides equal employment opportunity for employees and applicants without regard to an individual's protected status; race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, pregnancy/childbirth or related condition, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other protected status.
DSA will provide necessary reasonable accommodation to ensure that an individual with a disability who is not able to fully utilize DSA's online job application system is provided with equal opportunity to apply and be considered for all jobs. If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please email HR @dsainc.com or call 1-877-422-4372.