The Aerospace Corporation is the trusted partner to the nation's space programs, solving the hardest problems and providing unmatched technical expertise. As the operator of a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC), we are broadly engaged across all aspects of space- delivering innovative solutions that span satellite, launch, ground, and cyber systems for defense, civil and commercial customers. When you join our team, you'll be part of a special collection of problem solvers, thought leaders, and innovators. Join us and take your place in space.
At Aerospace, we are committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace for all employees to share in our common passion and aspiration - to carry out a mission much bigger than ourselves.
This position will provide leadership and technical expertise to the Space Warfighter Initiative (SWI) Corporate Strategic Initiative Project (CSIP) and supported customers. The SWI is a new forward-looking analysis and wargaming capability for the Aerospace Corporation intended to operate in a multi-level classified environment. The ideal candidate will lead the development of advanced virtual/constructive modeling and simulation of Space Domain Awareness (SDA), Space Control, Force Enhancement, and terrestrial systems. Duties include leading analysis tasks with the Engineering and Technology Group (ETG), Project West Wing (PWW) and subject-matter experts to enable quality and timely reporting to customers.
This position will be located on-site in Colorado Springs, CO.What You'll Be Doing
What You Need to be Successful
- Work across a wide variety of Department of Defense (DOD) organizations and the Intelligence Community in support of SDA, space control related and terrestrial activities
- Translate customer needs into specific analysis questions, create plans, and execute
- Develop implementation plans to customers' enterprise analysis and wargaming goals
- Engage with Aerospace's ETG, PWW and subject-matter experts to ensure appropriate scope, tasking, progress, and results
- Work closely with Aerospace and Government leadership to help perform analysis while leading cohesive teams to provide Aerospace technical expertise
- Bring leadership in assessing and recommending future SDA and space control needs
- Provide systems engineering, system architecting, requirements development, and system acquisition support
- Be a self-motivated individual focused on solutions
- Mentor junior members of Aerospace and the team
- Willingness to travel domestically up to 10-20% of the time
How You Can Stand Out
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited program in mathematics, physics, engineering, or computer science
- 12+ years of experience in data analysis, astrodynamics, modeling and simulation or related disciplines
- Proven history of applying system engineering skills to solve complex problems
- Strong technical background and experience in Space Domain Awareness (SDA), Space Control or/and Force Enhancement from a range of perspectives and domains
- Ability to identify technical support requirements and work effectively with government personnel, other FFRDCs, and SETAs
- Ability to lead simultaneous analysis projects and teams across multiple stakeholders
- Must have excellent interpersonal communication and briefing skills along with demonstrated ability to work independently and interact effectively with high-level government
- This position requires a current TS/SCI with SSBI clearance issued by the U.S. government. U.S citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
It would be impressive if you have one or more of these:
- Masters or PhD from an accredited program in mathematics, physics, engineering, or computer science
- Space and military operational planning and execution processes, exercise support and operational experiments
- Relevant and specific astrodynamics and data analysis experience in space domain and/or space control
- Experience/expertise with conveying complicated data and scenarios to operations personnel and their senior leadership
- Experience with enterprise analysis, modeling and wargaming
- Current SCI with the ability to acquire SAP/SAR accesses
Grade-Based Pay Range
(Min - Mid - Max)
$172,000 - $191,000 - $210,000Ways We Reward Our Employees
During your interview process, our team will provide details of our industry-leading benefits.
Benefits vary and are applicable based on Job Type. A few highlights include:
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans
- Paid holidays, sick time, and vacation
- Standard and alternate work schedules, including telework options
- 401(k) Plan - Employees receive a total company-paid benefit of 8%, 10%, or 12% of eligible compensation based on years of service and matching contributions; employees are immediately eligible and vested in the plan upon hire
- Flexible spending accounts
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Education assistance programs
- An inclusive work environment built on teamwork, flexibility, and respect
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other-the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation. Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org . You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .