Are you an enthusiastic software developer with operational experience? Are you looking for an employer that fosters your career growth and provides upward mobility opportunities? Are you passionate about music?
...If so, we'd love to connect with you.
Universal Music Group is seeking a Senior System Engineer to join our Digital Operations (Strategy and Business Evolution) group in Woodland Hills, California.
You’ll experience the following perks as a full-time UMG employee...
- Competitive Benefits – Your comprehensive benefits package will offer Medical, Dental, & Vision, as well as 30+ days of PTO, a 401k savings plan with company match, & more.
- Employee Development – We’re invested in growing your career within UMG. Your engagement in L&D programs will help expand your skill set. Also, you’ll be the first to be considered when new roles open.
- Culture and Environment – You’ll enjoy our branded offices that feature UMG artists and music 24/7, employee lounges complete with video games, musical instruments, couches, free soda and coffee, free merchandise, & more.
- Social Responsibility – Your good works and engagement in various causes will be amplified by UMG’s donation-match programs, strengthening our impact throughout the world.
In this role... You’ll work on global projects with a focus on digital distribution of music and video.
To be successful in this role... You should have professional experience working in a software development environment, combined with operational responsibility. Our operational responsibility motto for UMG’s global music distribution services is “We build it, we run it!”
- System monitoring and management: You’ll react to alerts, analyze bottlenecks, rebalance workloads, & adjust system configurations.
- Error analysis and bug fixing: You’ll identify system or input issues followed by code fix, testing, & deployment to staging and production environments.
- Infrastructure management: You’ll scale in and out of servers, adjust autoscaling configurations, & work with AWS support in case of issues.
- You’ll communicate with internal and external customers as part of the agile software development process and issue management.
- You’ll actively take over the implementation of (micro-) services, frameworks, & API’s using tools like Swagger, Spring, & BPM Workflow Engines.
- Experience with the following techniques, tools, & technologies: object-oriented programming (i.e. Java), relational databases (i.e. Oracle, Postgres, SQL-Server, PL/SQL), Linux (i.e. shell scripts, SSH, sftp, strace, lsof), cloud services (i.e. AWS), IT infrastructure (i.e. networking, storage, DNS, load balancing), complex XML and JSON documents and validation techniques.
- A passion for solving problems with software and the motivation to write code to do so.
- Ability to work under aggressive deadlines and meet project commitments. You shouldn’t be afraid of being “exposed” and should be able to handle complex and difficult situations with the support of your strong team.
Universal Music Group is the world leader in music-based entertainment, with a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, & audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. Featuring the most comprehensive catalog of recordings and songs across every musical genre, we identify and develop artists and produce and distribute the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music in the world. Committed to artistry, innovation, & entrepreneurship, we foster the development of services, platforms, & business models in order to broaden artistic and commercial opportunities for our artists and create new experiences for fans.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
You can find out more about us at www.universalmusic.com and view our current career opportunities at www.umusiccareers.com.