Description Job Description:
Leidos is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer in support of the AFINC II contract for the highly visible 26th Network Operations Squadron (26 NOS) at Maxwell Air force Base-Gunter Annex, Alabama, which provides a world-wide support mission. The 26 NOS is responsible for the intranet support of the entire Air Force network. The mission of the 26 NOS is to operate and defend the Air Force (AF) Enterprise computer network consisting of the AF Wide Area Network (WAN) routers, AF Network Increment 1 (AFNET Inc 1) Gateways, and the 26 NOS Local Area Network (LAN) assets.
The Systems Engineer selected for this position manages all the Air Force network boundary AFINC systems for the program to include updates, life cycle management, IAVMs, software patches, etc. We are looking for Windows, UNIX/Red Hat, VMWare, and Splunk System Administrators.
- Manages the functionality and efficiency of all enterprise servers on multiple operating systems.
- Maintain the integrity and security of servers and systems
- Set up administrator and service accounts.
- Maintain system documentation
- Interact with users and evaluate vendor products
- Make hardware and software purchase recommendations, coordinate installation and provide backup recovery
- Develop and monitor policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources
- Program in an administrative language
- Develop and implement testing strategies and document results
- Provide advice and training to end-users
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned
- Participate in special projects as required
- Perform systems administration of desktop and server systems connected to local and wide area networks.
- Desktop system management responsibilities involving account monitoring; security; Operating System (OS) installation; and other local area system administration related functions.
- Performs work within the defined SLAs
- Work closely with other support and development teams
- Create and update documentation where required
- Work independently and as a team member
- Support on-call rotation schedule
- Cross train capabilities with other team members
External Referral Bonus:
- BS and 6 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Must have an active Secret Clearance
- An IAT certification: Security+ CE, CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, or SSCP (or ability to obtain within 60 days)
- Microsoft Administrators - MCSA, Windows Server 2012 or 2016, VCPi6-DCV, Microsoft Administrator, MCSA, Windows Server 2012 or 2016, Microsoft MTA: Software Development
- VMware Administrators - VCP6-DCV, Specialty, NetApp NCDA Pro, ONTAP, Veritas, Exec
- Red Hat Administrators - Red Hat RHCSA
- Splunk Administrators - Splunk Certified Admin
EligiblePotential for Telework:
NoClearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the timeScheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.