Description Job Description:
Leidos is looking for a Senior System Engineer to join a high performing agile team using the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology to support a nationally significant and fast-paced cryptographic key management program. Program execution follows DEVOPS best practices and employs robust development, test and production environments. We are using Test Driven Development (TDD) and test automation tools alongside a full suite of team collaboration tools. Leidos is the prime contractor providing system engineering, development, test, integration and operational support. This new program is focused on injecting new technology and adding advanced capabilities over the coming three years while continuing to support an on-going mission and operational system.Job Summary
A Senior System Engineer is needed to support adding new capabilities to a complex system with exacting interface, performance and security requirements. The selected candidate will provide system engineering expertise in the following areas: system architecture and design; development and integration; requirements analysis, data flow analysis; network design and implementation; test/verification and validation; and documentation for the system. He/she will analyze user requirements, and work with other technical experts in developing and resolving complex system issues and problems. There are opportunities to be a member of our overarching systems engineering team or to be embedded in an agile development team depending on mission needs, candidate strengths, and candidate preferencePrimary Responsibilities
The selected candidate will provide guidance and support for system engineering of large-scale systems, major system elements, and interfacing systems that are part of a large complex network environment with geographically distributed components. He/she will interface with program management, system and software integration engineers, test engineers, information assurance engineers, and other project team members in an Agile environment. He/she will be responsible for implementing system engineering practices to ensure the proper degree of engineering rigor is applied to all assigned tasks. The selected individual will be responsible for technical planning and trade-off analysis and will provide guidance for system development and implementation planning through assessment of system engineering plans and system integration and test plans. He/she will support the development of system configuration documentation, including designs for capacity and performance planning and will perform activities such as risk assessments and analyses of alternatives for a variety of system related issues and concerns. The selected individual will be responsible for defining task success criteria and test procedures and will be responsible for collaborating with internal technical professionals on a day-to-day basis, and with POCs from customer organizations when necessary. He/she will actively participate in program increment planning and related agile team activities. Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or a related field and at least 15 years of related experience or a Doctorate and at least 13 years of relevant experience. Additional experience may be substituted for a Degree.
- Must be capable of performing systems engineering activities in support of agile teams.
- At least three (3) years of experience designing and developing large integrated classified systems.
- Must possess a solid understanding of secure systems engineering and development.
- Must be comfortable working on multiple systems and components simultaneously in various configurations.
- Must have strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Must be committed to adopting and adhering to best practices.
- Must possess SysML or equivalent experience
- Must be able to effectively plan and prioritize tasking and communicate clearly regarding technical options and trade-offs.
- Must be capable of performing high quality work both independently and with a team in a fast-moving environment.
- Software development or shell scripting experience.
- Past experience using CAMEO a plus.
- Model based systems engineering experience a plus.
- Experience with the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology or as a member of an agile team.
- Experience with technical documentation development.
- Past Test Driven Development (TDD) experience a strong plus.
- Experience with CUCUMBER or similar TDD automation framework a plus.
This position is eligible for an increased sign on bonus of $20, 000. Please visit careers.leidos.com/CSS20k for details and a full list of eligible opportunities.
careers.leidos.com/CONMDExternal Referral Bonus:
EligiblePotential for Telework:
NoClearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with PolygraphTravel:
NoScheduled Weekly Hours:
Systems EngineeringPay Range:
Leidos is a Fortune 500 ® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.