$$$$$$$$$ 5K Sign-on BONUS $$$$$$$$$ Are you a talented Senior System Engineer looking for the next step in your career
? Check out TETRA CONCEPTS! Position Description
TETRA CONCEPTS, a PSS Company, is actively seeking a Senior System Engineer
to join our growing team located in Annapolis Junction, MD
. Clearance Requirements TS/SCI with polygraph
(Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Accordingly, Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.ship is required.) Description of Work:
- Work in an agile development processes implementing features as defined by user stories. 2 week Sprints/3 Month Spins
- Duties will include writing complex SQL queries.
- Working with customers to reconfigure the system to meet mission goals and investigating problems that the Help Desk is unable to resolve.
- The entire operations team is required to work core hours and support occasional weekend and after hour's deployment, upgrades and troubleshooting as needed due to the importance of the mission.
- Bachelor's Degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Five (5) years of additional system engineering experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
Candidates with these skills will be given preferential consideration.
- 20 years of experience as a system engineer
- 10 - 15 years' experience in planning, maintaining, and support production applications environments that are built on Linux, Windows, and SQL
- SIGINT Experience - at least 5 years of direct experience in the intelligence community
- Customer support experience
- Experience in working within a team of engineers in the support of critical mission applications
- Review mission performance to ensure proper execution of the mission
- Establishing, clarifying, and maintaining mission objectives and priorities
- Track, coordinate, and adjudicate all issues affecting the success of the mission
- Work with the helpdesk personnel and developers to maintain the operational readiness of the systems
- Coordinate with system providers to ensure that service level agreements are meeting the need of the mission
- Solid documentation skills a must
About Tetra Concepts, a PSS Company:
- Experience with JIRA
- Experience with MongDB, Oracle
- Agile/Scrum methodology a plus
Preferred Systems Solutions, Inc. (PSS) is a recognized leader in providing Information Technology, Engineering Services, Program Management, and Consulting Services. For over 20 years, PSS has enabled Government and Commercial clients to achieve their organizational initiatives through the application of high quality, innovative, and cost effective professional services and solutions. PSS provides a positive working environment, with opportunities for advancement in our growing local Federal sector workforce. Tetra Concepts is a wholly-owned subsidiary of PSS, and is located in our Columbia, MD office!
Our various customers include: US Army, US Navy, DLA, NAVAIR, DOE, DOS, VA, USDA, TRANSCOM, FBI, DHS, DIA, NGA, GSA, AMBC, DOT and the DOC.
If you are a Systems Engineer
and seeking an established, mid-sized company to work for, consider a career at Tetra Concepts, a PSS Company!
We offer numerous opportunities to expand your experience, in various areas, depending on your individual aptitude and interests. Our employees are not only passionate and driven, but also strive to ensure customer quality is delivered consistently and effectively. In addition to a working environment with opportunities for advancement, we also offer the potential for the following benefits (please inquire further for a full list of benefits):
- Insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- Paid leave (holiday, sick, vacation, etc.)
- 401k plan (employer matching contribution)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Computer purchase programs
- Potential for clearance upgrade, when possible
- Flexible work hours
Tetra-PSS is committed to the diversity we bring to the marketplace by being an EEOC/AA employer who is committed to hiring a diverse team of professionals to provide world class services and products aimed at exceeding our customer's expectations. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. PSS is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.