Provide system/production support and monitoring for applications, batch cycles, releases, projects, installations, etc.
Participate in work sessions for system support and problem resolution.
May provide coordination in workload transition tasks.
•25% Perform/Support installation, configuration, administration, implementation, scheduling and/or tuning/modification of applications. Provide support for moderate to complex system/production performance concerns. Collaborate with various internal groups and external vendors to ensure all specifications are met and problems are resolved as they arise.
•25% Assist in analysis of problems/issues. Perform corrective actions whenever possible to fix applications that end abnormally and/or notify technical support for resolution. Communicate with applications on-call persons to repair applications that ended abnormally. Consult with senior level peers on projects of greater complexity.
•15% Evaluate system performance in real-time as well as via reports for release related issues. Monitor and report on scheduled batch and online applications for successful/unsuccessful execution. Review all abnormal results/issues to production processing from previous cycles and verify that they have been logged/resolved. May run necessary system backups.
•15% Verify Production and Test environments are up and functioning properly. Perform testing responsibilities as need. Review and/or create documentation for accuracy, future problems, and company standards.
•15% Participate in work sessions and walkthroughs for quality and production implementations, releases, data conversion projects and/or disaster recovery exercises. Attend implementation meetings to determine impact to system availability and assignment of team resources for these implementations.
•5% Look for improvement opportunities in the cycles and in procedures. May create new programs to automate the release process where possible. Assist and provide recommendations in applications enhancement projects. This is an on-site position located in Dallas, TX that requires a rotational and on-call schedule Required Education:
Required Work Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other job related degree.
- or 4 years of job related work experience
- or 2 years of job related experience plus an associate's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other job related degree
Required Skills and Abilities:
- 4 years of technical experience with systems analysis, design, and/or programming experience or other job related IT experience.
Required Software and Other Tools:
- Comprehends data storage techniques, database philosophy, database management, and programming techniques.
- Strong understanding of the requirements for maintaining production systems and the effect of program changes.
- Understands how to use structured techniques in new program development.
- Strong understanding of development, quality assurance, and integration methodologies.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work well under pressure and as part of a team.
- Pays attention to detail.
- Strong knowledge of relevant operating systems, programming languages, and/or development/productivity tools and their usage in the company.
- Fast paced, multi-platformed environment which may require action and response 24X7 to support the technical business needs of the customer.
- Customer-focused, project-oriented applications support environment.
We participate in E-Verify and comply with the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina and our subsidiary companies maintain a continuing policy of nondiscrimination in employment to promote employment opportunities for persons regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, weight, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other legally protected status. Additionally, as a federal contractor, the company maintains Affirmative Action programs to promote employment opportunities for minorities, females, disabled individuals and veterans. It is our policy to provide equal opportunities in all phases of the employment process and to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-288-2227, ext. 43172 with the nature of your request. We will make a determination regarding your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.