Folio maintains a high availability enterprise environment which supports a complex proprietary stock trading system. The Senior Unix/Linux Administrator's responsibilities range from strategic to tactical in nature - involving all systems related components within our infrastructure. The Administrator would be responsible for designing and planning as well as implementation and ongoing operational support of our unique hybrid environment.
* System Administrator will provide design, installation, administration, and support of Enterprise Linux systems in a mission critical and highly available environment including SAN Administration and Cloud Services.
* Perform full life cycle management duties for Oracle Linux systems including patching, maintenance, configuration, monitoring & troubleshooting.
* Perform storage management on Enterprise Linux systems, including logical volume manager, and allocation of SAN storage.
* Solid understanding of storage (SAN), virtualization and networking fundamentals from a systems administration or engineering perspective
* Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot issues on Enterprise Linux systems.
* Provide technical troubleshooting on complex issues requiring rapid resolution related to Oracle Enterprise Linux Systems and associated storage, applications, and database environments
* Ability to work between multiple groups with IT and Business development to design and implement solutions.
* Produce written system proposals and plans.
* Manage and communicate project tasks, status and deadlines.
* Stay on top of industry trends and new technologies for system architecture.
* Work on multiple concurrent projects.
* Work independently to complete projects on time.
* Participate in 24/7 on-call rotations.
* Bachelors or Masters degree in IT/IS, Computer Science or related discipline (can be offset by experience).
* Linux and Solaris administration experience.
* Experience with LDAP.
* Experience with VMware and/or virtual server environment administration.
* Strong grasp of configuration management tools such as Puppet and Chef.
* Experience with Scripting (Perl, Bash, or Shell) and process automation.
* Experience working with ZFS.
* Experience with SAN storage technologies or other storage technologies such as Pure Storage or Hitachi.
* Demonstrated ability to work independently and proactively, adapting to shifting priorities.
* Hands-on experience with DNS, Internet Infrastructure, and IP informational tools.
* Experience designing and managing hybrid architectures (Local DC, Remote DC, Cloud Services, etc.).
* Experience in AWS.
Functional team lead
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies.