SAIC is seeking an experienced senior systems administrator in support of a managed services engagement for a major Public Sector account. The selected candidate will have solid technical and supervisory skills and will lead a small team of Linux and Windows administrators. The incumbent will be the primary SME in charge of managing production and non-production environments in Azure and AWS.
The team is responsible for day-to-day operational maintenance, administration, support, patching and upgrades for servers running the Red Hat Linux and Windows operating systems. This position requires the ability to assist with the architectural, engineering, administration of the Linux/Windows infrastructure, as well as participate in the change management and incident response processes.
Ensures data/media recoverability by developing and implementing a schedule of system backups and database archive operations. Develops, implements, promotes and documents standard operating procedures and schedules. Incumbent in this job works closely with Middleware, Database, and Network teams to troubleshoot issues, implement changes, and deploy release packages.
Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Four additional years' experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- In-depth understanding of Linux, Windows and Cloud technologies. Specifically with the following:
o Configuring and managing Azure services
o Able to build and deploy cloud formation templates
o Patch management in Azure
- Experience with production environments.
- Must be available to participate in on-call work on a reoccurring basis.
- Solid troubleshooting skills and demonstrated ability of end-to-end problem management and ownership
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Working knowledge of authentication functions and protocols such as LDAP, Kerberos, and Active Directory
- Thorough knowledge of Cloud Storage technologies
- Must be able to pass the California Department of Justice and FBI background check process
Target salary range: $145,001 - $155,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
My SAIC Benefits.