Summary / Description
We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Senior Systems Administrator/Team Lead
to join our team to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.Position Summary / Responsibilities:
- Act as the lead system administrator working with and directing team members to ensure all requirements are delivered in an efficient, highly productive manner.
- Manage and maintain currently supported and subsequent Microsoft (MS) Windows Server, and Red Hat Linux Operating Systems (OS) on physical and virtual operating environments.
- Provide technical support for disaster recovery efforts (actual or simulated).
- Perform hardware and software technology refreshes, ensuring milestone compliance.
- Work with and manage Incident Management and Change Request tickets within help desk ticketing system.
- Apply best practices where possible or engineer new best practices using innovative approaches as appropriate.
- Analyze new and existing software; install, maintain, and customize vendor software based on customer requirements.
- Provide root-cause analysis for recurring or critical problems.
- Perform all security/compliance functions for Windows server environments, including (Assured Compliance Acceptance Center (ACAS), SPLUNK, Host Based Security System (HBSS), etc.) to monitor and mitigate vulnerabilities and ensure compliance within specified time-lines.
- 5 years of VMware and/or Windows systems administration hands-on experience.
- Hands-on experience installing vCenter Server Appliance including installation, configuration and updates.
- Demonstrated knowledge of performance monitoring and tuning tools, problem determination and recovery, and security.
- Hands-on experience with STIG compliance for VMWare and Windows systems.
- Hands-on experience with high availability architectures and concepts.
Education / Certification / Security Clearance Required:
- Familiarity with IBM, Dell and HP server technology.
- Hands-on experience with VMware performance tuning and capacity planning.
- Hands-on experience with Virtual IOS concepts and applications.
- Hands-on experience with enterprise backup/restore architectures.
- Hands-on experience with Windows Enterprise administration
About Unisys Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
- Bachelor's degree and 8 years overall experience or equivalent
- DoD 8140 IAT Level II Computing Environment (CE) Certification is required prior to support on contract
• IAT Level II Certification (Security+ CE, CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, SSCP)
• Desired Computing Environment certification: Windows Server 2012/2016, Red Hat Linux, MSCA, MCP, VCP5, etc.
- Must have DoD issued Interim Top Secret Clearance
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you'll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government's critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics. Unisys
is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/ Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/ Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity