Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
This position is primarily responsible for the delivery of the UPHS enterprise messaging environment (email and associated ancillary components). This includes the capacity planning, performance management and daily administration of the UPHS messaging environment. This position is also responsible for planning, testing and staging major upgrades to both the server and desktop components of messaging. This position is responsible for providing Tier II support for complex issues associated with the messaging operating platform and ensuring that it is a highly available system for the UPHS user community.
Minimum Degree Requirements and Experience Required:
• Bachelor's degree required.
• Current Internal Penn Medicine Information Services division employees may be considered with proof of active and continued enrollment in an approved bachelor degree program.
• Five or more years of experience working as an administrator of highly available/mission critical computing systems required.
• Five or more years in a role with responsibility for the administration of Messaging (in a large enterprise) and associated technologies (i.e., OWA, LDAP, IMAP/IPOP, BES, SNMP gateways, etc...) required.
• Strong knowledge of MS networking concepts, active directory and back-office products required.
• Experience with anti-virus and anti-spam capabilities and integration with Messaging platforms required.
Minimum Certifications, Registry and/or Licenses:
• Messaging (i.e., MSCE MC) certification preferred.
• Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 certification preferred.
• Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to constructively resolve issues and conflicts as they arise. Strong listening skills.
• Proven ability to analyze, trouble shoot and problem solve complex technical issues.
• Ability to work within deadlines and with multiple priorities; ability to adapt to changing priorities.
• Orientation to teamwork and achievement of company and departmental goals.
• Excellent problem analysis skills and articulate communicator of complex technical topics.
As part of our COVID-19 response, this position may currently be offering partial or full remote work. However, in the near future this position will require full or partial on-site work.
Be a part of the exciting and ground-breaking upcoming years for the Penn Medicine Information Services department!
Because growth is essential to continuing to meet the current and future needs of patients, Penn Medicine continues to expand its capabilities.
Penn Medicine's Information Services (IS) Department focuses its efforts on the clinical and financial systems that support the day-to-day operations of four hospitals, several satellite practices, and more than 2,000 physicians.
Learn more about Information Services
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Penn Medicine http://www.pennmedicine.org/careers/
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.