Seeking a talented Systems Engineer who has the experience and leadership skills necessary to help build out our existing infrastructure and troubleshoot problems as they arise. The ideal candidate for this position can prioritize mission critical tasks and coordinate the construction and expansion of our systems so updates and other maintenance tasks don't get in the way of daily operations. With interest in expanding our use of Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and hyperconverged infrastructure, we are looking for an individual with technical proficiency in these areas. The job provides the opportunity to lead the development and execution of a strategic roadmap in support of the company's strategic objectives.
Maintenance of Infrastructure:
- Monitor existing systems to ensure structural integrity
- Create and maintain network documentation
- Resolve day-to-day network problems reported through the Helpdesk
- Oversee the development and installation of new hardware and software
- Coordinate vendor(s) personnel for production support and interfaces with vendors to identify and recommend hardware/software to facilitate service or system upgrades
- Install and configure operating systems and other software
- Provide technical direction to IT support staff
- Write custom scripts to reduce the need for human intervention
- Recommend and set WAN/LAN policies, standards and process/procedures
- Participate in capacity and business continuity planning
Strategic Business Planning Alignment:
- Maintain close contact with the Application and other Operations teams to ensure successful product/application deployments
- Act as an in-house consultant to Applications providing guidance and direction in determining network infrastructure considerations
- Provide infrastructure project management in support of departmental and corporate strategic business plans.
- Assist IS Management in setting strategic direction for the Enterprise WAN and LAN
- Participate in the creation of the annual budget in those areas directly related to network services.
- Facilitate engagement with Third Party Service Providers to evaluate opportunities for use of Iaas and HCI to enable improved effectiveness of business operations.
- Demonstrate commitment to Company's Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, and apply knowledge of compliance policies and procedures, standards and laws applicable to job responsibilities in the performance of work.
- Minimum 6 -- 8 years of WAN/LAN experience with a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent education and experience is required
- Technical proficiency in virtualization software, such as Microsoft hyper-v, VMware vSphere, and/or Linux in support of server and VMware virtual desktop environments
- Technical proficiency in Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and hyperconverged infrastructure
- Experience managing and supporting Microsoft's O365.
- Good communication and business acumen skills
- Extensive knowledge of WAN/LAN protocols (TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, BGP ,FTP, Telnet, Ethernet) and industry best practices regarding WAN and LAN design
- Proven project management experience.
- This position has the requirement to be on call 24 x 7 x 365 on a rotating schedule.
- Coding and programming skills (Python, Ansible, Java, or equivalent)
- Knowledge of CITRIX software and Netscaler
- Knowledge of F5 BigIP