Performs a variety of system administration and application support for all Radiology applications and systems, including investigation of operational problems engaging vendors when needed. Perform PACS Administration duties, and support of other departmental applications, as well as a variety of departmental equipment. Works closely with all Radiology departmental personnel and managers, Radiologists/Residents/Fellows. Engages Information Systems departments when needed to provide technical assistance in the areas of software, hardware, integration and network installation, maintenance, and support. Responsibilities
Supports all day-to-day departmental Radiology Information Systems for DHMC, Affiliates, and Outreach Sites, including the Image Management System (PACS), Radiology dictation system (PowerScribe), and tier one RIS (Epic Radiant) support as well as several smaller Radiology specialty applications (Examples: MIM, Vitrea, AS Software, Aegis, Hologic mammography, etc.)
- Maintains all Radiology Systems and Applications to include: Troubleshooting interfaces, manually patching servers, installing and supporting multiple applications, system administration duties (security access, exam code maintenance, template building and ongoing maintenance, etc.)
- Investigates and recommends solutions to resolve a variety of problems with the ability to creatively solve complex issues. Actively looks for and recommends and implements improvements in applications and workflow.
- Communicates and works directly with a variety of on and off-site teams, administrators and several application and hardware vendors.
- Performs detailed analysis with users of Radiology systems to troubleshoot and resolve problems, develop new functionality within the application, improve workflows, and understand how applications are used within the department and how they interface or integrate to other D-H systems.
- Examines equipment to determine the potential nature of software or hardware problems, repairing when possible, or contacting off-site vendors to repair as needed. This included modalities, computers, laptops, high-resolution Radiologists reading workstations, 2D and 3D advanced visualization workstations, etc.
Installs, configures, and supports computer hardware and software in the Radiology department including specialized equipment and high-resolution diagnostic monitors and high-end reading workstations.
- Plans for, builds, tests integration, implements and trains users for Radiology applications upgrades.
- Provides departmental systems orientation and training to new Radiologists, and Residents as well as ongoing training on Radiology applications to all hospital personnel who use Radiology systems (PACS, Visage, Powerscribe, Montage, etc.)
- Daily and off-hour 24/7 pager coverage for D-H, Affiliates, and all Outreach sites as required.
- Participates in departmental continuing education programs, as appropriate.
- Participates in Radiology department process improvement and Greenbelt projects as requested
- Provides team lead oversight on small departmental projects or sub-projects reporting up to a Lead Project Manager on assignments, and completion of project activities and tasks.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related subject matter with five (5) years of combined experience or the equivalent required.
- Experience in related Radiology systems and workflow preferred
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and teamwork skills required
- Ability to act independently and make sound decisions
- Experience and/or certification in PACS Administration highly desired