DISH is a Fortune 200 company with more than $15 billion in annual revenue that continues to redefine the communications industry. Our legacy is innovation and a willingness to challenge the status quo, including reinventing ourselves. We disrupted the pay-TV industry in the mid-90s with the launch of the DISH satellite TV service, taking on some of the largest U.S. corporations in the process, and grew to be the fourth-largest pay-TV provider. We are doing it again with the first live, internet-delivered TV service - Sling TV - that bucks traditional pay-TV norms and gives
consumers a truly new way to access and watch television.
Now we have our sights set on upending the wireless industry and unseating the entrenched incumbent carriers.
We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win - it's in our DNA. We're looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH.Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Linux System Administrators are responsible for the support and administration of Dish's Linux servers running primarily Red Hat Enterprise Linux both on prem and in the cloud. They will support everyday operations through documentation, configuration, monitoring, and troubleshooting. Responsibilities and duties will fall into the following categories:
Skills and Qualifications:
- Install new systems and rebuild existing systems
- Collaboration with application owners and business partners
- Perform after hours system and configuration changes
- Participate in project planning and implementation
- Develop and maintain procedural documentation
- Assist with automation and virtualization where applicable, including scripting (Chef, Ansible, Puppet)
- Monitor systems to ensure reliability and stability
- Troubleshooting issues in production, test, and development environments
- Work incoming tickets and requests
- Hardware maintenance and repair
- Participate in an after hours on call rotation
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field and three years of related experience; or 5 years of related experience and training; or equivalent combination of education and experience supporting large, multiple data center environments
- Strong understanding of Red Hat Enterprise Linux and CentOS, including Linux command line
- Working knowledge of ServiceNow ticketing and change management workflows
- Exceptional written, verbal and relationship management skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to successfully navigate formal and informal communication and decision-making channels
- Demonstrated self-starter that works assigned projects to completion
Compensation: $74,700.00/Yr. - $118,425.00/Yr.
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website.
Candidates need to successfully complete a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test.