DISH is a Fortune 200 company with more than $15 billion in annual revenue that continues to redefine the communications industry. Our legacy is innovation and a willingness to challenge the status quo, including reinventing ourselves. We disrupted the pay-TV industry in the mid-90s with the launch of the DISH satellite TV service, taking on some of the largest U.S. corporations in the process, and grew to be the fourth-largest pay-TV provider. We are doing it again with the first live, internet-delivered TV service - Sling TV - that bucks traditional pay-TV norms and gives
consumers a truly new way to access and watch television.
Now we have our sights set on upending the wireless industry and unseating the entrenched incumbent carriers.
We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win - it's in our DNA. We're looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH.Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The Windows Senior Systems Administrator is responsible for the Windows server operational environment management, installation/configuration, integration, documentation and support. This individual must work effectively with Systems Architects, System Administrators, Project Managers, DBAs, Developers and management to provide timely execution, support, planning, implementation and increased uptimes of business systems. Applicant must be able to participate effectively on team and enterprise projects.
Primary responsibilities fall into the following categories:
Skills and Requirements:
- Applicant must know or quickly learn the technical and business working environment through initiative and direction from senior staff and/or peers.
- The applicant will assist in mentoring of team members and co-workers relating to the job function and demonstrate leadership through technical knowledge, interpersonal skills, business knowledge, organizational skills and professionalism.
- Maintaining vendor support and technical interaction and identifying sound technical solutions to execute the requirements of the business.
- Contributing to the daily management of 2000+ Windows server systems.
- Work effectively with cross functional operations support teams and customers of the Windows group.
- VMware, Internet Proxy and corporate messaging are all highly desired skills.
- Perform System Administration tasks in multiple Windows systems from version 2008
R2 to current. This includes both physical and virtual servers (using VMWare), troubleshooting and tuning for performance.
- Bachelor's degree (preferably in Computer Science or MIS/CIS) and 6-10 years of relevant IT experience (minimum 4-7 years of systems administration); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Solid understanding of; Active Directory/LDAP, DNS, DHCP, DFS, MS Clustering, MS IIS, Group Policies and AD Trust Relationships.
- Working knowledge of MS Exchange 2013 and newer; PKI\\Certificate management in enterprise environment a plus; expertise with PowerShell.
- Strong technical aptitude strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to work independently.
- Skilled in ferreting out client requirements, determining concise implementations and generating complete and coherent documentation.
Compensation: $74,700.00/Yr. - $118,425.00/Yr. Uncapped Commission:
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website.
Candidates need to successfully complete a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test.