Title: Senior Systems Administrator
Location: Oakland, CA
Job #: DE5309685
Note: This job is not open to C2C or 3rd party candidates.
IGNW is an engineering-based resourcing company headquartered in Portland, OR with GEO based teams in Seattle, WA / Austin & Dallas, TX / Southeast US / California. We have global partnerships to deliver the industry's top technical solutions and talent to every one of our clients. Some of our strategic partnerships include Google Cloud, Hashicorp, Puppet, Cisco, and Docker. WHY IGNW?
So many reasons, one being IGNW being voted Glassdoor's Best Places to Work in 2020 across the U.S. and eight other countries. See the details here https://www.thrillist.com/news/nation/glassdoor-best-places-to-work-2020 . IGNW also earned the Best of Staffing Award for providing remarkable service to job seekers, hiring managers and current Contractors. Check it out! https://www.bestofstaffing.com/agency/ignw/
Take a look and see if this is a match.... or any other jobs posted! Project Scope:
Our client has an immediate need for a Senior Systems Administrator
with the following skills and experience: Responsibilities:
- Mentor and lead Network Administrators I and II to perform complex technical duties related to the maintenance and support of distributed computer networks, installing related hardware, software, and peripheral equipment.
- Work with and assist the Senior Network Engineer(s) and the Director of Architecture and Network Infrastructure to develop and implement new distributed network architectures.
- Troubleshoot and administer central network systems.
- Monitor and maintain servers, routers and other equipment for potential hardware or software failure or breach of district security policies and procedures.
- Provide technical support to users regarding hardware, software, and network related problems.
- Provide specialized user support services including the timely diagnosis and resolution of problems and malfunctions in computer applications.
- Research and evaluate computer and network software and hardware to determine their utility and make recommendations to the Director of Architecture and Network Infrastructure.
- Install, maintain, and repair Local Area Networks.
- Monitor the network and take measures to ensure reliability and availability.
- Lead the Network Administrators I and II to continually optimize computer and network performance.
- Identify problem sources to resolve hardware and software failures and malfunctions.
- Document problems relating to hardware, software, and networks, resolving them independently or referring them to appropriate staff or outside vendors as needed.
- Participate in training and retraining of users as required.
- Perform setup and installation of computers, networks, peripherals, and software for users.
- Prepare hardware, software, and procedural documentation.
- Work cooperatively with other department staff in assisting and resolving user technical problems.
- Maintain current knowledge of technological advances in computers and peripheral equipment, software, operating systems, and networks and provide leadership and mentoring to the Network Administrators I & II to keep their skills and knowledge current.
- Administer the District's e-mail system, virus protection, filtering and data back-up and restoration.
- Serve as Project Manager for significant network projects such as upgrades or functionality assessments.
- Provide cross-training to other staff members within the department.
- Attend job related meetings.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or similar field and five years of experience.
- At least one of the following certifications is preferred: MCSA, MCSE, CISSP, CCNP or CCIE
- Valid California Driver's License
- Employment eligibility that may include fingerprints, tuberculosis and/or other employment clearance
- Administration of a wide area network and data center and related maintenance of application and operating systems including data back-up and recovery that result in the continual improvement of network and server reliability, availability and performance
- Setup and administration of DNS and DHCP servers
- Network Operating Systems including Microsoft Windows, Linux, and Novell.
- Server technologies including SQL, Exchange and IIS
- Administration of user and computer accounts, including email accounts, group policies, scripting and security rights assignment
- Software evaluation, selection, and installation
- Monitoring tools evaluation, selection, implementation and use
- User training and support
- Field experience serving school sites or supporting remote locations
- TCP/IP including sub-netting and routing
- Basic Cisco IOS configuration
- Project management
- Mentoring and training other network administrators
Please note: Candidates may need to pass a drug and/or background check.
Please send in your resume today and be sure to get a quick response from one of our onsite recruiters: email@example.com
Check out our reviews here: glassdoor.com
To view other IGNW opportunities please visit https://www.ignw.io/jobs