Description Job Description:
At Leidos, everything we do is built on our commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our employees, and our communities. Learn more about the values and culture that are the foundations of our business. Our mission is to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through information technology, engineering, and science. We offer a robust benefits package including competitive salaries; company matching 401K Retirement Plan; comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage; flexible work schedule to allow for life/work balance; tuition reimbursement and more.
The Defense Group of Leidos has an immediate opening for a Sr. Systems Administrator
located at the Pentagon.
The Sr. Systems Administrator
will support the G2 Army MI Enterprise / ARIES program which provides IT repair, maintenance, operations, logistics, and engineering services to help ensure secure, reliable, and uninterrupted availability of Army Military Intelligence Enterprise IT Systems. The successful candidate will perform all Systems Administrator duties providing direct support to DAMI-IM enterprise network systems and managing Microsoft server infrastructure solutions across multiple solution areas in a DoD enterprise environment.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS:
Security Clearance Requirement: Active DoD TS/SCI security clearance.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Bachelor's degree with 8+ years of relevant systems administration / systems engineering experience. Additional years of relevant experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- Experience designing, evaluating, maintaining and troubleshooting Windows Server 2012R2/ 2016/ 2019 using the most current technologies.
- Ability to upgrade Windows Servers to new versions and skills needed to confidently plan, deliver, operate, and manage Microsoft server infrastructure solutions across multiple solution areas in a DoD enterprise environment.
- Expert knowledge of operational support activities with the ability to administer Windows Server and desktop Infrastructure.
- Experienced in the use of Microsoft terminal services and system recovery tools.
- Knowledge/ understanding of and experience with Active Directory.
- Knowledge of PowerShell and the ability to write custom scripts
- Experienced with patching/ STIGing and system upgrades that occurs in a classified environment.
- Customer oriented with excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Knowledge/ experience with Hyper-V, VMWare, SCCM, SMTP, DHCP, DNS.
- Ability to clearly communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Currently Possess Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA) certification.
- Currently possess DoD 8570 certification at IAT II, CompTIA Security+ce or higher.
- Install, administer, and maintain virtual environments and physical hosts, Windows servers, workstations, desktops/ laptops, and etc., as part of the overall systems architecture across multiple networks and locations
- Administer Active Directory services, member servers and storage, integrate new technologies into new and existing systems, including the transition and migration of enterprise systems.
- Isolate and resolve complex hardware and software problems involving applications, operating systems, hardware, systems infrastructure, and etc.
- Lead, manage, and execute projects approved and documented in the ticketing system.
- Perform systems administration of desktop and server systems connected to local and wide area networks; systems management including account monitoring, security, Operating System installation, and other local area system administration related functions.
- Utilize manual checks, GUI-based, and command line tools (PowerShell) to troubleshoot and remediate basic to complex systems hardware, software, and configuration issues on assigned systems, networks, Active Directory.
- Implement, and manage disaster recovery and COOP plans, systems, and operations.
- Ensure the transition and migration of networks and development of network addressing schemes and administration of Microsoft domains.
- Perform planning and analytical tasks for design and implementation projects to include personnel, hardware, software, support facilities, equipment, and etc.
- Plan and perform engineering research, design development, and other assignments in conformance with design, engineering, and customer specifications.
- Provide input to in-progress reviews on IT projects, and maintain effective communications with government and other site leadership.
- Participate in/ lead special projects and daytoday operations.
- Mentor, lead, and train junior technicians.
External Referral Bonus:
- Knowledge of the following systems and tools: SCCM, Hyper-V, VMWare, CommVault, SQL, IIS, ACAS and HBSS.
- Understanding of help desk ticketing tools (e.g. Microsoft System Center, Remedy, etc.).
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) certification.
- Advanced knowledge of PowerShell and the ability to write custom scripts for various purposes.
- Strong understanding of Army enterprise environment.
EligibleExternal Referral Bonus $:Potential for Telework:
NoClearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the timeScheduled Weekly Hours:
Systems AdministrationPay Range: