SAVA is looking to hire an experienced Senior Systems Administrator to join our Tier III team supporting daily operations of a large, complex IT Support Services contract for one of our valuable customers, an important Federal Law Enforcement Agency in Sterling, VA. You will play a major role in the implementation, operations, and maintenance of enterprise systems and applications. The ideal candidate will demonstrate strong experience in assessing enterprise infrastructure performance, analyzing system faults, reviewing diagnostic tests and troubleshooting Windows Operating Systems to identify and resolve problems.
- Aware of operational best practices that ensure enterprise level information systems are available, reliable and secure.
- Energetic professional who is a self-starter with excellent communication skills, strong initiative, and a robust technical understanding of a Windows Server environment, network fundamentals and Active Directory.
- Directly assist the contract’s Technical Lead and work with other Tier III administrators on daily infrastructure operations, system management, upgrade and migration planning.
- Able to quickly and efficiently troubleshoot, identify, and resolve technical issues related to physical and virtually hosted services across a worldwide network.
- Collaborate with the Service Desk, Network Operation Center, Systems Engineers, and enterprise O&M teams to implement, deploy, and maintain platforms supporting essential mission services in a high paced environment.
- Plan and execute projects supporting a myriad of enterprise services, including mobility services, virtual desktop and virtual server infrastructure and on premises cloud services.
- Evaluate readiness and daily operations through infrastructure provisioning tools, and provide feedback to system engineers and government program managers.
- Monitor and evaluate IT Infrastructure performance, including analyzing system resources, monitoring key resource metrics, and resolving operational problems.
- Coordinate upgrades, changes, and fix actions for operational services hosted on physical and virtual servers, and develop mature alerting mechanisms to ensure visibility of systems' behavior.
- Provide daily operational support of a global, complex, IT enterprise and contribute to key contract deliverables.
- Work closely with the Enterprise Information Assurance team to implement best practices based on Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs).
- Participate in rotating 24x7 on-call supportMinimum Qualifications:
Must have active DoD Secret clearance.
Bachelor's Degree in IT related field, or equivalent experience.
Must have a high-level understanding of Enterprise IT Operations, Windows System Administration, including Group Policy management, AD replication, AD PowerShell commands, LDAP queries, and ADSIEdit.
8+ years of operational IT systems administration experience focused on supporting large-scale Windows based enterprise environments.
Demonstrated experience in Windows Server 2012/2016 administration and implementation of security controls to meet STIG requirements.
Demonstrated experience in virtual infrastructure technologies, including VMware and Hyper-V, including migration of virtual machines (P2V and V2V)
Must be able to work collaboratively, and cooperatively, as a member of a team, but also work independently and apply sound judgment and effective work prioritization without direct supervision.
Capable of reviewing existing processes and identifying possible process improvements
- Must achieve an agency suitability clearance, including drug history screening
Additional Desired Skills:
Understanding of Linux and/or UNIX Operating System maintenance.
Experience with NetApp appliances.
Prior experience with ServiceNow, SolarWinds and/or ScienceLogic SL1 experience.
Foundational understanding of network technologies (LAN vs WAN troubleshooting, VLAN identification and Cisco ACI).
One or more of the following certifications: MCSE, CCNA, ITIL Practitioner/Expert, VCP-DCV (VMWare), RHCE (Red Hat), CompTIA Server+.