Senior Systems Analyst
Let's talk about the team and you:
Apacheta, a division of Brightree, is a leading mobile business solutions provider in logistics space for its partners within health care, consumer packaged goods, manufacturing, maintenance and repair, and transportation markets. Apacheta is seeking Sr. Systems Administrator – Linux Environment who will be primarily responsible for software deployment, hardware infrastructure design, operations, and monitoring of Apacheta’s applications suite running in backend, cloud, and frontend.
Let's talk about Responsibilities:
- Application deployment on the Linux/Java based web and app servers. Scripting of the related job using shell scripts and other code deployment tools.
- Monitoring/Alerting of production and lower environments including CPU, memory, disk space, stuck threads, etc. This will require updating/configuring existing scripts and tools.
- Creating and maintaining Application Operations handbook outlining application deployment and recovery steps, application hardware diagrams, logical application dataflow, back-up and recovery steps, monitoring and controls, etc.
- Configure Linux based servers, upgrade OS, apply maintenance and security patches.
- Configure lower environments including use of VMware ESXi for new/existing servers.
- Create hardware design for HIPAA compliant Apacheta next-generation cloud infrastructure for high availability, performance, and resiliency. Familiar with both private and public cloud infrastructure management.
- Help Development Team move towards DevOps model providing Operation’s voice and input.
- Plan and conduct DR testing for key Apacheta applications.
- Support Security scanning for the infrastructure and remediation of security vulnerability.
- Provide end-customer L2 support on customer-initiated issues involving Apacheta applications.
- Other duties as assigned
Let's talk about Qualifications and Experience:
- College degree with major in computer science, Engineering or related field. Or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years’ experience as Systems Administrator in the Linux/Unix environment including shell scripting.
- 2+ years’ experience in code deployment, application change management.
- 1+ years’ experience in hardware infrastructure design and sizing for high availability (HA) and high performance.
- 1+ years’ experience in infrastructure and application support.
- Able to work outside of normal business hours as needed for deployments and maintenance windows
- Ability to develop and follow procedures
- Knowledge and understanding of Information Security Standards
- Experience migrating data centers
- Experience with DevOps automation tools such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet a plus.
- Experience with configuring VMs/Network Elements/AD/Firewall/Load balancer a plus.
- Experience with infrastructure security and remediation a plus.
- Knowledge of HITRUST and/or SOC2 compliance a plus.
- Knowledge of Hyper-V